Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
Just purchased my MME today, and noticed when parking that the backup camera has a slight, but noticeable stutter to the image on the screen. I previously had an Edge and the camera was very smooth, so when comparing it to the MME camera it's pretty crappy. It's almost like a slight warping of the image, which I can notice more when the car is turning with objects on screen moving left to right or vice versa. Seems to be a consistent issue, even after multiple starts and stops. Anybody else experience this?
Sponsored

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I've noticed it, but it has only happened occasionally for me.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Haven’t seen this, would be interested in a video of this if you are able to recreate it and capture it.

OP
OP
itsthenewdc

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
Haven’t seen this, would be interested in a video of this if you are able to recreate it and capture it.
Yeah, thought that a video would help as I was typing my original post. I'll try and get a video of it posted here tomorrow once it's light out again.

Reactions: ARK

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just purchased my MME today, and noticed when parking that the backup camera has a slight, but noticeable stutter to the image on the screen. I previously had an Edge and the camera was very smooth, so when comparing it to the MME camera it's pretty crappy. It's almost like a slight warping of the image, which I can notice more when the car is turning with objects on screen moving left to right or vice versa. Seems to be a consistent issue, even after multiple starts and stops. Anybody else experience this?
I have also noticed occasional stutter when the camera feed pulls up, but it has always been resolved by stopping, cycling to Park, and then back to Reverse to reset the camera view. I have not found a way to reliably reproduce the stutter. As for the warping, are you describing a fisheye effect on the sides of the image? Depending on what view you have selected, the side portions of the image may stretch to fill the available screen space.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I've seen it once from what I can remember, seems to be inconsistent.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I have also experienced this issue for both the rear and 360 cameras. I am hoping that it's only a software issue and not due to limited performance of the onboard computer.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, mine does it sometimes.

A few of the early review videos mentioned camera issues as well. It seems to be better than it was then, but still not fully resolved.

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I've experienced this only when I manually turn on the cameras. Sometimes its a slight stutter as if its a really really low framerate camera and moving 4mph is too fast for it and sometimes it absolutely goes crazy and just stutters all over the place.

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
I notice the stutter too. However, I only notice it when I first start the car. My theory is that the infotainment system is busy booting and can't refresh the display quickly enough. Hopefully, in the future, with software updates, they will optimize the booting times.

skiingj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I have the issue occasionally as well. I also find the rearview sometimes has a slight delay which is not good when you are getting close...

Deleted member 3569

Yes ... mine does that whenever I switch the camera manually on as I go from bright sunshine into dark garage, very noticeable when the afternoon shun is behind my tail.

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
My front camera did it this afternoon when I pulled into the garage.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We get it! You think the Mach-E is the worst thing ever created and we are somehow all idiots for liking it and you are here to offer us salvation.

• Haha
Reactions: Nav

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Troll. Or should I say COW.
Sponsored