Backup collision system a little too sensitive?

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Just got my MME and I am mainly loving it. However, I have been having an issue with the backup collision prevention system. I guess the idea is if you are backing up and the sensors detect you will be colliding with something it screeches an alarm (man does this car like to beep, bop, and boop) and eventually applies the brakes for you. Problem is every time I back out of my driveway, which is inclined, the car thinks I am going to crash into the road and starts to beep, then slams on the brakes even when there are no vehicles or other obstructions. It got so bad I had to disable the system. Anyone else experience this? And anyone know if there is a good channel to get this feedback back to Ford?
Sponsored

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have not even though backing out of my garage is very tight. I have the opposite issue. Driving on the freeway I get the red flashing ‘imminent collision’ warning and it scares the crap out of me every time.

My car really thinks I’m a terrible driver. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I have not even though backing out of my garage is very tight. I have the opposite issue. Driving on the freeway I get the red flashing ‘imminent collision’ warning and it scares the crap out of me every time.

My car really thinks I’m a terrible driver. ?
are you sure it's the car? ?

???

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I had this happen to me once, so far, when backing into my driveway. I've only parked it a total of five times now, so it's a 20% error rate up to now.

ClutchAutomatic

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Mach E, TBSS LS3, 1968 Camaro LS7
Country flag
This happens to me as well leaving my drive way and its a small short incline at the end of a pretty flat one.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Just got my MME and I am mainly loving it. However, I have been having an issue with the backup collision prevention system. I guess the idea is if you are backing up and the sensors detect you will be colliding with something it screeches an alarm (man does this car like to beep, bop, and boop) and eventually applies the brakes for you. Problem is every time I back out of my driveway, which is inclined, the car thinks I am going to crash into the road and starts to beep, then slams on the brakes even when there are no vehicles or other obstructions. It got so bad I had to disable the system. Anyone else experience this? And anyone know if there is a good channel to get this feedback back to Ford?
Very same issue with my inclined driveway.

If I am reversing fast it will throw brakes on abruptly As the rear wheels transition from driveway to street. If I reverse a bit slower it will warn me, begin to brake, then I can increase power and push through—If that makes sense

Rather do that and have the nanny turned on, than turn it off and back into something elsewhere.

I mentioned to my dealer that it might be sensitive but have not attempted anything formal.

OP
OP

BDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Very same issue with my inclined driveway.

If I am reversing fast it will throw brakes on abruptly As the rear wheels transition from driveway to street. If I reverse a bit slower it will warn me, begin to brake, then I can increase power and push through—If that makes sense

Rather do that and have the nanny turned on, than turn it off and back into something elsewhere.

I mentioned to my dealer that it might be sensitive but have not attempted anything formal.
Interesting - I will try and turn it back on and see if there is a sweet spot with speed. I agree about not wanting to turn it off, but I also want to not ignore the alarms. We have a lot of pedestrians and cars on our street so I really want the alarms to tell me about a real potential collision. If they go off every time I back out I will probably start to tune them all out (like cross traffic which is really nice).
Sponsored