Bad Dealer Experience, Purchased out of Spite.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I just purchased a 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, completely out of spite.

I purchased a Carbonized Gray Select AWD in June of 2021 (MSRP), and November 12th 2021 as the car market was getting crazy I decided to order a (Dark Matter Gray) Premium ER AWD MSRP. In December 2021 a Job 2 DMG Select AWD became available, so I purchased that for the Advanctrac off, Bluecruise and pop funk from #FordAss app. Pricing started go up, but I kept my premium on order and was assured that I had price protection by the dealership and even confirmed again with them after my car went into production.

So My 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, finally arrives Sept 26th 2022, 10+ months after initial order. I go to the dealership, ready to do the deal and they fucked me. I called Ford Motor Company corporate and the passed me around to about 10 people, finally I land on one guy willing to help, great guy, but could do nothing.

Will not honor price protection, will not honor 2021 incentives, they will sell at current MSRP and require I pay an additional $700 for some protections they refuse to remove. I lost my mid, I went off like a spoiled child in Walmart, making sure everyone could hear how unhappy I was with this dealer.
Basically, the dealership was hoping I would back out of the deal so they could resell at a 10-20K mark-up. The also low balled my trade in offering $41k.

So I purchased the car out of spite, with my own financing and no trade in.

There's many better EV options, they should learn how to treat people.

If the people at Ford are reading this, I'd love to be contacted,
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Stealerships model really needs some adjustment from Ford Corporate. Funny part about my recent experience at Mazda was that I loved it. Couldn't have been more different from what I experienced when I bought from a Ford dealership, and the Mazda dealership had most of their computer systems down at the time!

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Stealerships model really needs some adjustment from Ford Corporate. Funny part about my recent experience at Mazda was that I loved it. Couldn't have been more different from what I experienced when I bought from a Ford dealership, and the Mazda dealership had most of their computer systems down at the time!

ADM stands for "A Dying Model" dealerships are desperate and greedy, Ford Corporate is saying the right things to the media, and to hold stock value but in reality they wont do shit until these new start-ups continue to chip away at them.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The sad thing about this story is that the dealership made out either way. You know they were sitting there laughing at you the entire time. Oh, and had you walked? They’d be laughing at you on your way out the door.

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The sad thing about this story is that the dealership made out either way. You know they were sitting there laughing at you the entire time. Oh, and had you walked? They’d be laughing at you on your way out the door.
They can laugh all the want, they wont be making the $20K mark-up on this car, they wont be getting the shared interest rate kick back from their bank. at most they stole $3K price protection. They don't make much on these cars as it is. We all lost

They have lightnings listed at $30K over, Broncos and Mach-E's at $20-30K over and mavericks at $10-20K over sitting on the lot

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
At first I read this like huh?

But yeah, you buying the car the way you did really just ensured they didn't make any money on it...so you hurt them as much as they realistically could have been hurt by actually buying the car from them.

Unconventional, but well done.

And those dealers suck.

Mine at Victory Ford here in KC is awesome. They are giving me crazy good trade, honoring price protection, options price protection, options discount, and xplan discount.

Wish more dealers would get on board with treating their customers right.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So, if it makes you feel any better - several years ago, a buddy of mine bought a used car from a particularly sleazy big 3 dealer that is no longer in business. These guys were the lowest of pond scum. Anyway, the POS they sold him died within a week of purchase and he took it back to them to make a claim under their “90 day satisfaction guaranteed” warranty. Their response was to tell him to go away, except put much more crudely. Well, next to the dealer was a gas station with a fairly large lot. My buddy was good friends with the owner (he did the owner’s taxes and some other things). He got permission from the gas station owner to park the POS car at the gas station with a large sign that read something like (and I’m paraphrasing “I bought this Lemon at Joe’s Cars”.) So, first they try telling my buddy that he can’t do that and my buddy points out that he can do whatever he wants with his car. So, they try to go to the gas station owner and complain, and the gas station owner isn’t hearing any of it. The car and sign are parked in a corner, out of the way, so they aren’t blocking HIS business. It just happens that the corner is the one next to the evil dealer. The evil dealer then tries to call the town cops, who were none to happy to be pulled off Dunkin Duty for this and made it quite clear to the evil dealer that they weren’t to be disturbed again. After about a month of bad publicity, the evil dealer gave my buddy his money back.
About 6 months later, the evil dealer folded and is now a totally different dealership. 🙂

OP
OP
narmstrong79

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
At first I read this like huh?

But yeah, you buying the car the way you did really just ensured they didn't make any money on it...so you hurt them as much as they realistically could have been hurt by actually buying the car from them.

Unconventional, but well done.

And those dealers suck.

Mine at Victory Ford here in KC is awesome. They are giving me crazy good trade, honoring price protection, options price protection, options discount, and xplan discount.

Wish more dealers would get on board with treating their customers right.
Its a dying business model and they are floundering

I can not wait until my rivian is finally ready so I can dump ford completely.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I should add that I have an incredibly awesome dealer as well! They’re family-owned, straight-shooters, believe in treating customers right .

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
I hate to say this guys but Ford really, really, really does not care about us. (plz don't try to respond to me with the bs slap on the wrist jim farley is pretending to do to dealerships)

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
They have lightnings listed at $30K over, Broncos and Mach-E's at $20-30K over and mavericks at $10-20K over sitting on the lot
You should park your extra in front of the dealership with a For Sale sign at $10k over.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
I purchase many cars because of my Driving School business and I was hearing all of the horror stories on this forum about the customers finally going in to pick up their car and finding out everything was bad with their experience. I was guarded to say the least.

Well to my pleasant surprise, I have never been treated so well as I did with this purchase. I received a 2022 MME ext. range AWD for original MSRP (which we agreed upon back in Nov.) along with getting an X-Plan rebate.

The finance person did not try to sell me any crap other than he asked if I was interested because he said by their Dealership rule, they need to. I said no and he said that is fine and did not ask any more. No pressure whatsoever. Total 180 of what I am used to.

To make a long story short, I was out of his office in around 10 minutes and into my car to drive home.

The Dealership is Baxter Ford of Omaha. I shook everyone's hand and told them this is the way it should be. I have "chewed" out other Dealerships in the past but I have always said that I will go out of my way to thank anyone that treats me right. I guess I was brought up that way but I think one should do that IMO.

Once again, this is not "normal" for most cars that I purchase but I couldn't have been more pleased.

So sorry to hear all of the crap the other Dealerships are doing.

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I just purchased a 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, completely out of spite.

I purchased a Carbonized Gray Select AWD in June of 2021 (MSRP), and November 12th 2021 as the car market was getting crazy I decided to order a (Dark Matter Gray) Premium ER AWD MSRP. In December 2021 a Job 2 DMG Select AWD became available, so I purchased that for the Advanctrac off, Bluecruise and pop funk from #FordAss app. Pricing started go up, but I kept my premium on order and was assured that I had price protection by the dealership and even confirmed again with them after my car went into production.

So My 2022 Mach-E Premium Extended Range AWD, finally arrives Sept 26th 2022, 10+ months after initial order. I go to the dealership, ready to do the deal and they fucked me. I called Ford Motor Company corporate and the passed me around to about 10 people, finally I land on one guy willing to help, great guy, but could do nothing.

Will not honor price protection, will not honor 2021 incentives, they will sell at current MSRP and require I pay an additional $700 for some protections they refuse to remove. I lost my mid, I went off like a spoiled child in Walmart, making sure everyone could hear how unhappy I was with this dealer.
Basically, the dealership was hoping I would back out of the deal so they could resell at a 10-20K mark-up. The also low balled my trade in offering $41k.

So I purchased the car out of spite, with my own financing and no trade in.

There's many better EV options, they should learn how to treat people.

If the people at Ford are reading this, I'd love to be contacted,
leave them a lovely review online and on the ford survey. that's our only recourse

daverp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4, MME Premium (On order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
The dealer model isn't going to change until state laws change. Dealer Franchise laws are old and outdated and lead to abuse of the consumer. The simple fact is Ford can't legally sell a car to a customer, and as long as that's the case the dealerships hold power.
Sponsored