Bad interior odor, water dripping from inside bottom of the hatchback.

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
For the last few days there has been an unpleasant odor in the car, noticeable when it has been all closed up, but gone with some ventilation. Today when I closed the rear hatch, I noticed several drops of water dripping from the interior bottom as it lowered down. Might they be related? Any ideas what either of them might be? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank Katz

Frank Katz

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Prius 2016 Crosstrek
Occupation
Ret'd
Country flag
January 2022. Another thread thought the leak might be from the Pony emblem on the tail gate.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
January 2022. Another thread thought the leak might be from the Pony emblem on the tail gate.
I've heard of that as well. Sounds like a trip to the dealer to find and fix it.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The storm finally came to So Cal. Exposed this problem on my Jan 2022 built car (

Cirrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD/Extended Range
Country flag
I just got a 2023 Premium/AWD/Extended Range on New Year's Eve from dealer stock to grab the tax credit.

With all the heavy rains in Northern California, I opened my trunk at Costco to see at least 16 ounces of water pour out (after opening TWICE, it still continued to drip).

My car is in with the dealer for a repair, and the tech called to just shrug his shoulders and say "we can't reproduce the leak."

100% regret on owning this car. I sent an email to my service rep with photos, videos, and posts of other folks with the same issue. We'll see what happens. At least I have a loaner.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I was told there were four seal missing from the clips connecting spoiler to the lift gate. The dealer would have to remove inside trims and a tech would have to sit in the trunk area while the car is running through car wash.
Sponsored