TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Agreed. I read that a few times and still couldn't make sense of everythingo_O. A lot of assumptions? Sounded like he had some things to get off his chest that had nothing to do with this thread.

Perhaps he's just trying to organize his random thoughts ?‍♂

Bearaka17

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Had my MachE 6 months+. "Badges" still intact (post PPF, ceramics). I must be doing something wrong.
I am not embarrassed to own a MachE, stupid me. Guess it's a not-cool, worthless American (poor but proud), old school thing. (those "dumb" bastards will not be able to figure out what kind of car it is when I remove the "badges". And goes much faster too.)
Be true to your school.
How did you get those front and rear 'stangs "badges" removed anyway? etc.
They shoot horses, don't they?
It's your thing, do what you want to do. That's great. Even once upon a time an American (sacrilege) thing.
Why condemn others (tacky, etc.) who do not do as you do?
Just say, look what I did! Am I not great?
Make it your own. No worries. Let the rest of us do the same.
Perspective. Judgement (IMO is simply a copout).
Enjoy the ride.
This is hilarious. Seek help for your fragile ego.

B25Nut

First Name
Charlee
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
It's a simple out patient surgery. Get some fishing line, I actually used dental floss ? , carefully drag it behind the badge being careful not to dig into paint. Basically cut through the foam 3M tape. It's fine if you leave some of it on the car. After badge is off, apply some goo gone or goof off to the remaining foam and carefully rub it off. Should come off pretty easy. After that take some polish and polish the area and you should be good to go.

If you don't have goo gone, goof off.......you can try some WD-40.
Thank you for the dental floss tip. It took me less than 20 minutes to remove the three badges on one side last night. Instead of Goo Gone, I first sprayed the badges with BSI Insta-Set cyanoacrylate accelerator (its solvent has no affect on the paint and is excellent for removing adhesive tape residue). I sprayed again two more times before getting the floss under all the badges. What's left looks like the lettering is done in electrical tape. Spraying this again with Insta-Set allowed me to get a fingernail under a corner and the residue pealed off section by section. One last spray with Insta-Set and wiping it off left a like-new surface without having to use polish.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Badges? We don't need no badges! Mach-E debadged 1633113627445

Disclaimer: Our company makes Insta-Set. It is available from most hobby shops and Hobby Lobby.

OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
we had ours PPF'd and Ceramic'd... slowly the badges are falling off from Hand & Touchless car washing.. I should have had them removed before the PPF and Ceramic. we are Going to have a color mismatch over time.
I doubt it. Get them all off. Clean the area of any residue
Did you use a heat gun/hair dryer?
Also, floss those ivories while you're at it.Also, floss those ivories while you're at it.
Space White De-badged

Ford Mustang Mach-E Badges? We don't need no badges! Mach-E debadged 1633113627445

OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Thank you for the dental floss tip. It took me less than 20 minutes to remove the three badges on one side last night. Instead of Goo Gone, I first sprayed the badges with BSI Insta-Set cyanoacrylate accelerator (its solvent has no affect on the paint and is excellent for removing adhesive tape residue). I sprayed again two more times before getting the floss under all the badges. What's left looks like the lettering is done in electrical tape. Spraying this again with Insta-Set allowed me to get a fingernail under a corner and the residue pealed off section by section. One last spray with Insta-Set and wiping it off left a like-new surface without having to use polish.

Disclaimer: Our company makes Insta-Set. It is available from most hobby shops and Hobby Lobby.
Hope I remember to use this next time debadging issue comes up.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
How hard were they to get off and did you need any special tools?
No tools. Just courage. Can't add anything to suggestions on this thread. Go for it. Your paint will be fine.
This is your fault! My GT is probably showing up this week and now I can't decide if I want to do this to my ride before I get it ceramic'd. It... it looks soo smooth like that!
Quit debating. You can touch up the ceramic later, but if you're thinking PPF, get those badges off first.

OP
OP
dwiz49

dwiz49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Your car confirms my decision to debadge. Looks fantastic!