Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I love that color so much more in real people’s pics than Ford’s official ones. Haven’t been fortunate enough to see one in real life yet. Anyway, it’s gorgeous in the sun.
Sponsored

Ned

First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
waiting for ford
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How to remove them??

Jeff DeMello

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just saw this post and immediately went into the garage and debadged my MME.

It took 40 minutes to remove both. I used dental floss (waxed) to “saw” through the tape holding the badge to the car. I’d recommend using non-waxed floss, to make it easier to hold.

I then used my thumbnails to scrape off the remaining tape stuck to the car.

I’d also recommend to not use Goof-Off until the end to clean the remaining residue, as using it before makes the tape gunky and harder to work.

I think it looks MUCH better!

91DD7366-795E-462A-B042-9404644C223E.jpeg

timunger0222

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e Premium RWD
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Mine curled up from a carwash, I had ford dealership remove them. Primarily the X with the tail. Ford says they are on backorder. Hopefully they are revamping the adhesive :0(

Deleted member 3649

I just saw this post and immediately went into the garage and debadged my MME.

It took 40 minutes to remove both. I used dental floss (waxed) to “saw” through the tape holding the badge to the car. I’d recommend using non-waxed floss, to make it easier to hold.

I then used my thumbnails to scrape off the remaining tape stuck to the car.

I’d also recommend to not use Goof-Off until the end to clean the remaining residue, as using it before makes the tape gunky and harder to work.

I think it looks MUCH better!
Inspired by this thread, I did the same yesterday to my Rapid Red MME. Very similar experience as Jeff. It was relatively easy to remove the plastic with dental floss. Note that the rubberized tape that holds the badge on is fairly thick, so as long as you apply the pressure away from the car, there is no risk of digging into the paint.

Then with a liberal and multiple applications of Goo Gone and fingernails I was able to slowly work off the drivers side tape and residue. It took about 30 minutes to get it all off. The passenger side, which was soaking the whole time, took 5 minutes start-to-finish.

No leftover marks or paint issues. It looks so beautiful now! Thank you, forum!

Tarynem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium (pending)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I love that color so much more in real people’s pics than Ford’s official ones. Haven’t been fortunate enough to see one in real life yet. Anyway, it’s gorgeous in the sun.
Me either! I ordered Dark Matter Grey and this is the first proper side profile pic of it that I'm seeing. Been on the fence about changing my color to Rapid Red. Thanks to the poster for sharing!

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Mine went today, saved them in case my wife's needs a replacement someday.

Credit card to cut through the foam, rolled off the remainder of the foam tape, lacquer thinner to remove the residue.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Has anybody removed the pony on the back? ...would anybody remove the pony on the back?!?

To me, that's what would make a truly badge less car. Pretty sure you can't remove the front one (without leaving a pony shaped dent anyway), but the rear one is also just an adhesive on, correct?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Has anybody removed the pony on the back? ...would anybody remove the pony on the back?!?

To me, that's what would make a truly badge less car. Pretty sure you can't remove the front one (without leaving a pony shaped dent anyway), but the rear one is also just an adhesive on, correct?
Mine got debadged accidentally during PPF in March and could not find replacements so left it alone. Considered the pony badges then but left them alone as it’s a Mustang after all. My intent was not to debadge but got debadged. I like the ponies.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Kev, looks great. Now I need to ask about those great looking rims and red calipers. I am new to all this and JUST ordered a premium Oct 18th. Thanks a million.