LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Hi all. I have a trip soon from Baltimore county, MD to OC. I'm disappointed in my range now that's it's cold. I average 130-140 miles to a charge. When I check the Ford app, I don't see many chargers across the bay bridge and in OC. Anybody have experience with charging on the shore? I would prefer to take my car but I don't want to get stranded since I'll be alone with 2 small kids.
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hi all. I have a trip soon from Baltimore county, MD to OC. I'm disappointed in my range now that's it's cold. I average 130-140 miles to a charge. When I check the Ford app, I don't see many chargers across the bay bridge and in OC. Anybody have experience with charging on the shore? I would prefer to take my car but I don't want to get stranded since I'll be alone with 2 small kids.
There are several street L2 chargers in Bethany Beach, one block off the beach and just off the main (center) boulevard that leads to the beach. Nice to stop there and have lunch and grab some L2 amperes.

These is a DCFC charger I've used in Dover, just East of Old Town, if you drive around the North side of the Bay instead of driving across the $%^&* Bay Bridge.

I also used a DCFC charger on the mainland just about 8 - 10 miles West of the main (southern) entrance bridge to Ocean City... I forget its name but it's in a yuge parking lot with strip stores.

Some higher-end hotels in Ocean City also have L2 stations and might let you charge while you're in town, now that it's the off-season. I mean... once you're in OC, why drive right? The car will be mostly parked so might as well try to load up on an L2 station.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Also look into a TeslaTap. It's a small device that plugs onto a Tesla Level 2 (240V) charging cord and into our Mach E charging ports. It's lockable with a TSA luggage combo lock so no one will take it while it's plugged in. It will let you charge the car at a Tesla Destination charging station. Those Tesla L2 Destination stations are all

1. free (the proprietor might add a parking fee - most don't bother).

2. more prevalent than people realize. Some hotels have them. Some B&Bs have them. A burger joint called Freddy's near Louisville Kentucky has one - guess where I go for a burger fix now? Scan the Tesla web page for locations... you might be surprised how many might be sprinkled throughout OC which is after all a tourist destination town.

3. Did I mention the great price called "free"? ;)

If you get a TeslaTap, I would get the 60-amp one (there are several versions). 60 amps will future-proof you for your future EV purchases after the Mach E goes on its way.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Not a lot of L3s around. Annapolis has EA (and EVGo) just off 50. Check Queenstown Outlets to as part of your plan. Rehoboth Convention Center lot (if you head up that direction) has a few L2s. Parking free in the off season.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Use Plugshare to find locations.

Screenshot_20230115_223755_PlugShare.jpg

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Four DC Fast Chargers in Ocean City: 3 locations on the beach strip and one across the bridge in town. They didn't work for my Mach E last Memorial Day but the software has been updated since then and should work now. Also a Shell Recharge at Salisbury State Univ. Ditto at Queenstown outlets and Kent Island library for the trip back.

OP
OP
LexiRN

LexiRN

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
Thank you!