Base Select SR, No Options, Best EV Deal in NJ?

oleosmirf

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
How about this window discount?

:)

AF124E95-5D90-4046-9869-DB5A995FED2E.jpeg
I wonder what clever accounting they did to clawback that 2K

I had one dealer claim it's against their business practice to add a markup. Then I noticed the Ford Options rate he was charging was 3.25% instead of 2.25 with a 43% residual. Add them together and that's your markup.

Had another dealer make up a few different several hundred dollars worth of COVID fees. First there was a "Sanitization Fee" then a "Safe Delivery Fee" etc. etc.

Or they'll give flat sticker to show you how transparent they are compared to the competition, but stiff you when it comes to trading in your current vehicle.

There are number of different ways to get there, but at the end of the day, all that matters is what is due at signing and the monthly payments. Add them together and the lowest wins :)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I wonder what clever accounting they did to clawback that 2K

I had one dealer claim it's against their business practice to add a markup. Then I noticed the Ford Options rate he was charging was 3.25% instead of 2.25 with a 43% residual. Add them together and that's your markup.

Had another dealer make up a few different several hundred dollars worth of COVID fees. First there was a "Sanitization Fee" then a "Safe Delivery Fee" etc. etc.

Or they'll give flat sticker to show you how transparent they are compared to the competition, but stiff you when it comes to trading in your current vehicle.

There are number of different ways to get there, but at the end of the day, all that matters is what is due at signing and the monthly payments. Add them together and the lowest wins :)
That 2K off the top is the new point of sale NJ clean rebate. Nothing from the dealers pocket.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
It's a great deal financially but personally I wouldn't do without AWD in this area. Not for driving on snowy roads (which get plowed and salted pretty much the same day), but rather for street parking in the winter. After a decent snow storm good luck trying to get into or out of a snowy spot without AWD, regardless of how well distributed the weight of the vehicle is.

The Extended Range is also nice to have around here, since the posted range drops by about 10% in colder weather / when you run the heating. I've been getting about 300 miles range in the summer with my ER AWD, but was regularly getting closer to 270 in March and early April. I'd imagine the range would drop even more in the dead of winter.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's a great deal financially but personally I wouldn't do without AWD in this area. Not for driving on snowy roads (which get plowed and salted pretty much the same day), but rather for street parking in the winter. After a decent snow storm good luck trying to get into or out of a snowy spot without AWD, regardless of how well distributed the weight of the vehicle is.

The Extended Range is also nice to have around here, since the posted range drops by about 10% in colder weather / when you run the heating. I've been getting about 300 miles range in the summer with my ER AWD, but was regularly getting closer to 270 in March and early April. I'd imagine the range would drop even more in the dead of winter.
Agreed but the <6 inch clearance might not help if the snow is heavy. However the standard battery for sure will cause many to experience range anxiety in the deep of winter.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Now that I've had my base Shadow Black "entry level" Mach E for a few days, I'm convinced this is the most incredible EV value right now in NJ--heck maybe one of the best "deals" on any new car.

I have a stupidly great looking car that's a blast drive with a mammoth "gee wiz" screen and "pony lamps" that make friends go "wow" at night. Awesome auto-high beam headlamps with adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, real comfy power "pleather" seat with, uh, LUMBAR support and TONS of room including a DARN FRUNK.

On top of that, the mammoth screen has a gazillion customization options that let me choose how I want to drive, it has great connectivity, wireless charging & CarPlay, an actual LEGIT stock sound system that sounds better than mud, motion detectors, a decent, if not great, rear camera and even though no 360 camera the sensor overview with the car is still nice.

All-in-all, this is a very well apportioned "bare bones" trim. Sure, I might be cursing no heated seats/steering wheel in the winter--but what I REALLY want is ventilated seats and that's not possible anyway.

What's more, if you grab one of these puppies, you're getting $12,500 off. After all these credits, that makes it just slightly more than what I paid for a fully loaded Chevy Volt back in 2017--a car that was half its size and had no power seats (wtf?).

Am I out of mind? I think Ford really did put a lot on this base model. It seems they did not want *any* trim of this car to come out looking at all "cheap" or seeming like it "cut corners." Bravo to an automaker for making an actual legit base model of a vehicle that doesn't have some gimped issue like hand-rolled windows or some other bean counter stupidness to steer people away from it. Instead, they made an affordable, legitimate entry point into a car that does not feel cheaped-out or bland in any way.
You are spot on! The MME is a beautiful , high-performing car at a bargain price. ??

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag

I've been driving in North New Jersey since 1964, and have never had AWD......I will say the best I had in the snow was a '60 corvair, stick with big rear tires, nothing stopped that....the worst my '67 mustang........most parking spaces are pull in vs. park in between, so I don't see RWD as a problem.....and if the snow is that bad, grab a bottle of wine, some good bread and some cheese and wait it out, haha......

really I know that AWD will help, I just haven't found it to be a deal breaker.......I've been enjoying my SR< RWD since Feb (I do have the heated seats, I found them necessary)
but I was in phase 1 of the incentive program.....

and, of course, to each his own opinion.....btw, agree with you about the battery size, as they say bigger is better, I just didn't want to spend the extra $$, and being retired, my need for range is somewhat less than most, maybe......

Last edited:

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I've been driving in North New Jersey since 1964, and have never had AWD......I will say the best I had in the snow was a '60 corvair, stick with big rear tires, nothing stopped that....the worst my '67 mustang........most parking spaces are pull in vs. park in between, so I don't see RWD as a problem.....and if the snow is that bad, grab a bottle of wine, some good bread and some cheese and wait it out, haha......

really I know that AWD will help, I just haven't found it to be a deal breaker.......I've been enjoying my SR< RWD since Feb (I do have the heated seats, I found them necessary)
but I was in phase 1 of the incentive program.....

and, of course, to each his own opinion.....btw, agree with you about the battery size, as they say bigger is better, I just didn't want to spend the extra $$, and being retired, my need for range is somewhat less than most, maybe......
In the cities, most parking is parallel park. Last year during one of the several storms there was snow clogging up the parking spots for weeks at a time. Every time it would melt a bit, we'd get another couple of inches of new powder
Sponsored