Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have read the manual and cannot find any reference to pre-conditioning the battery for use or charging. All I find is the conditioning of the cabin prior to driving per a schedule you set. Does this also condition the battery...warm it to provide maximum range in cold temps? Is there any way to condition the battery prior to DCFC? I have seen Tesla videos where the battery goes into a pre-conditioning mode prior to visiting a Supercharger to get the best charge rate. My MME will hit 115-120 KWh for a few minutes but will drop into the 50-75 range for the majority of time adding between 20-80% charge.
Sponsored

Chargernc

First Name
Cynthia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE premium, Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Nurse Midwife
Country flag
Yes for use if you are plugged in it will precondition the battery and the cabin! I am not aware of any way to precondition prior to DCFC charging…sorry!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
A departure time will condition the battery for driving. There is not currently a way to condition the battery for DCFC (besides alternating between hard acceleration and max regen).

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A departure time will condition the battery for driving. There is not currently a way to condition the battery for DCFC (besides alternating between hard acceleration and max regen).
There is a thread where someone was charging and a Ford engineer was their at the same time. The engineer stated, if I remember correctly, that this is one of the items they are looking at. So no preconditioning prior to Fast DC for now but perhaps in the near future things may change.

OP
OP
Blackbluff

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There is a thread where someone was charging and a Ford engineer was their at the same time. The engineer stated, if I remember correctly, that this is one of the items they are looking at. So no preconditioning prior to Fast DC for now but perhaps in the near future things may change.
I remember reading that thread but had forgotten the engineer's input. Thanks for reminding me.
Sponsored