Ajax

First Name
Ajax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue 4x Extended
Country flag
Hoping for a quick OTA rollout as well. I'm planning a big road trip (1500 miles in 2-3 days) this weekend that will require DCFC pretty much the whole way, and none of the dealers en route have any openings. I've only done DCFC twice in the past but I am nearing 10k miles and am worried I'll get the dreaded Stop Safely Now before the OTA comes out. I think I'm just going to go for it and hope for the best. Will be keeping a close eye on the forum!
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
That would be 8years/100,000miles right. Don't know if I can hold out that long.
wellllllll, so far (since 21p22), I haven't seen Updates I can't live without; especially since we don't really know what's actually being changed or enhanced. I sure don't want a software clamp on power output, and I don't use DCFC and I don't want or need to charge any faster than 32amp L2.

so, for me, auto-update = OFF

db4z

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Country flag
Unlikely that there's a thermal sensor on the contactor, since the component that would be monitored would be two pieces of copper (possibly coated/alloyed with silver or other metals). Overheat protection is being derived by calculating a thermal time constant, basically sticking instantaneous current and time into an equation to get an expected temperature rise/fall and continually reiterating to produce a calculated absolute temperature.
The recall notice specifically said the software update would add resistance monitoring, which will directly correlate to the contactors temperature and can be calculated by the current going through the contractor and the measured voltage drop.

LectricGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The recall notice specifically said the software update would add resistance monitoring, which will directly correlate to the contactors temperature and can be calculated by the current going through the contractor and the measured voltage drop.
Yes, essentially what I stated. The resistance remains constant (or to the point that it can be regarded as such). Using Ohm's law, the power dissipation (loss) in the contactor can be calculated based on the current, which is monitored. Power dissipated into a known body as heat with known thermodynamic properties results in a calculated temperature

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Hoping for a quick OTA rollout as well. I'm planning a big road trip (1500 miles in 2-3 days) this weekend that will require DCFC pretty much the whole way, and none of the dealers en route have
Iā€™m also taking a big trip this weekend so wanted to get this fixed beforehand. I called my dealer and they took the car right in. I waited a little under two hours in the lobby while I got some work done. Might be worth a call!

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
would some peeps who got the update post how acceleration and DCFC are working after update

Fun_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
For the people asking about the update in Canada: I talked to my sales guy. He said that the Canadian dealers usually get the fixes a few days after the American ones. So we should hear something soon.

MrFlood

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
For the people asking about the update in Canada: I talked to my sales guy. He said that the Canadian dealers usually get the fixes a few days after the American ones. So we should hear something soon.
Thanks, I pinged my dealer this afternoon and still awaiting a response. With something like this, I was hoping for no more than a 24-hour delay.

Oldbutalive

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hopefully you all will forgive the dealers IF they prioritize fixing the STOP Delivering new on the lot Mach-e customers first! After all the dealers cash flow has been stopped on Mach-e's for 2 weeks. My dealer was one of the best I have experienced! Not defensive just open and frank.

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Yay, Iā€™ll be applying these myself before a big trip in a couple weeks. Excellent timing.
Let me know if you are interested in applying these to a GT PE. I'll pay you in beer!