SanoBeach

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Charged at EVGo to 65%, also showed 65% in the car, got on the highway and 15 minutes later the orange battery low light came on and 15% charge remaining. Pulled off to charge and EA also showed the car at 15% charge. Anyone else have this problem? May 21 build MME Select with 3,000 miles on it.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
What happened after you charged it a second time? Did the second charger take a long or short time to actually charge it?

If it's real, a sudden percent drop like that sounds like a battery problem. If so, you'll eventually run into a situation where the car won't drive and you'll have to get it to the dealer for a cell module replacement.

OP
OP

SanoBeach

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
What happened after you charged it a second time? Did the second charger take a long or short time to actually charge it?

If it's real, a sudden percent drop like that sounds like a battery problem. If so, you'll eventually run into a situation where the car won't drive and you'll have to get it to the dealer for a cell module replacement.
The car charged normally after the incident and have charged it twice since then with no issues. Agree that if it happens again it’s likely a battery issue for the dealer to resolve.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Charged at EVGo to 65%, also showed 65% in the car, got on the highway and 15 minutes later the orange battery low light came on and 15% charge remaining. Pulled off to charge and EA also showed the car at 15% charge. Anyone else have this problem? May 21 build MME Select with 3,000 miles on it.
By any chance did you happen to take a photo of the 65% reading?

It is easy to get confused when looking at the display while charging because the range and SOC appear as a different format. Is it possible you saw 65 miles and read it as %?

OP
OP

SanoBeach

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
By any chance did you happen to take a photo of the 65% reading?

It is easy to get confused when looking at the display while charging because the range and SOC appear as a different format. Is it possible you saw 65 miles and read it as %?
I backed into my EVGo and EA records and confirms that it charged 45% and my math calcs that we had about 20% on arrival. So don't think it was a miles vs percentage error, but thanks for the comment. I am off tomorrow on another 300 mile road trip so will be interesting to see how the car performs. It's worked fine over the last few days, but short trips of 10 miles or less.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I backed into my EVGo and EA records and confirms that it charged 45% and my math calcs that we had about 20% on arrival. So don't think it was a miles vs percentage error, but thanks for the comment. I am off tomorrow on another 300 mile road trip so will be interesting to see how the car performs. It's worked fine over the last few days, but short trips of 10 miles or less.
Did you get charged for the 20 to 65 @ the EVGo? What does your charging history say about that stop? Time and KW? Could have been a flakey charger giving you nothing and charging you by the minute? ;)

jstoldal

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I had a similar situation. Car charged to 75%. Drove only small trips and the battery was at 50% driving 70 km. Suddenly the battery shows 25%. The FordPass app says 78km driving and went from 75% to 24%. I have a Mach E First Ed. Long range 4wd, 540 km wltp

OP
OP

SanoBeach

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Update at 11,000 miles, never had the described battery drop issue again. Drive from LA to Vegas frequently and I absolutely love my MME select, best car I have owned.
Sponsored