Husky44

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Mustang convertible, 06 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Hey man, welcome and congrats. Your last picture is a duplicate and shows your full name, while the pic right before it was blacked out. Just saying, if you're looking for privacy, you might want to edit your post a little.
Thanks for the heads up! I don't normally re-read my posts, so I wouldn't have caught it. I am not sure why it posted the one with my name; I deliberately created the blacked out one so I wouldn't be putting all of me out there.:p
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for the heads up! I don't normally re-read my posts, so I wouldn't have caught it. I am not sure why it posted the one with my name; I deliberately created the blacked out one so I wouldn't be putting all of me out there.:p
Too late. You're now registered for an infinite cascade of extended warranty messages ?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story! I’m an old ponycar guy and at first didn’t like the idea of an SUV being called a Mustang. Since Ford owns the rights where it has to do with automobiles, I got over it. My mom had a Mustang and was really excited when I reserved my GT, then ordered the GT-PE. You are going to love your GT-PE. ??

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story! I’m an old ponycar guy and at first didn’t like the idea of an SUV being called a Mustang. Since Ford owns the rights where it has to do with automobiles, I got over it. My mom had a Mustang and was really excited when I reserved my GT, then ordered the GT-PE. You are going to love your GT-PE. ??
When I saw the reveal in November 2019 I thought "you gotta be kidding", but got over it when I started learning more. I was already fully intending to get a BEV (was planning on a model 3), so after a week I took the plunge and made a reservation.

I absolutely made the right call

OP
OP

Husky44

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Mustang convertible, 06 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I remember mocking King Cobras in grade school. When the Fox body came out I made fun of it (to be honest, Ford didn't put a pony anywhere on it, so I did not take it serious either).

I remember losing my mind when they started talking about the FWD Mustang, and was thrilled when they rebranded it as a Probe (but really started questioning the Ford marketing team's competence).

I remember laughing about computers replacing carbs and how the days of hot rodding were over.

The Sn95 was a welcome remodel in my book, but then in 96 they replaced the 5.0 with an overhead cam 4.6? and then made it ugly again in 99.

All that to say that I'm self aware enough to recognize that my freakouts at updates are generally a bit silly. Hell, the computer in my 67 has a fox 5.0 making power to compete with big blocks from the original mustangs--and no fuel smell, fussy floats, etc.

I really wish Ford hadn't used the Mustang or Mach names, but I'm not gonna let that cause me to miss out on a game-changing car. When I wanna be a fussy old fart I just sit on the porch and yell at kids to stay off my lawn.