Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Did anyone happen to notice that Fords latest UI has a max charge battery slider on the Charging screen, that seems to allow you to specify a generic max charge without having to first define your charging location?

I watched the below video on the Mach-E climate control system, and I happened to notice the redesigned Charge Settings screen with the battery slider (see screen shot below).

Screenshot_20221103-092633_YouTube.jpg

With that said my own Mach-E is fairly up to date with 3.5.4.2 OTA power up, and I definitely do not have that new UI. See screen shot of my current charge settings screen as well.

20221103_093050.jpg

Just wondering if anyone here can confirm if they have this new UI, perhaps on a 2022 model perhaps? If so please let us know what version of sync you are on, and what (if any) OTA power up version provided the new UI.

Lastly here is the Ford Video, and you can find the new Charge Screen shown at the 45 second mark into the video. With all of that said perhaps this is a glimpse into the refreshed UI we were promised for the Fall of 2022? Here's to hoping, because the lack of a general setting for max charge without first defining a GPS based charge location has always drove me nuts, and seemed like a really big oversight!

Thanks for sharing the video - looking forward to getting these updates.

OTA is really a big deal to me as it gives Ford a chance to fix UI and other goofs and keep the car from becoming a time capsule.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Love how they explained all the buttons. But definitely weird that this is published when we haven't received that update yet... Looking forward to using the turn-dial to adjust things, that pop-up slider is so clunky.
Assuming this is prep for '23s to be released. They should have this newer software from the factory.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Well this is a noteworthy video, we can see the knob can be used to make adjustments to temp and fan speed with the new UI.

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 9.27.39 AM.png

Also the video touches on the strategy behind the new HVAC calibration for improved cold weather performance:

Using blended air instead of 100% outside air will dramatically increase the supply air temperature so there is more heat in cold weather. I believe the old HVAC software would only use 100% outside air during heating (like an ICE vehicle). I'm glad they did what I suggested last year.
And heated seats!

This UI looks much for refined. Hopefully they improved the responsiveness as well.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
This is a great video showing lots of improvements coming to the UI, can't wait for it!

Now, which do I get first: this or a functioning Frunk button in FordPass?
That’s easy: Frunk button in the FordPass app is too difficult to program. Of course you get this first. 🤪🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
This is a great video showing lots of improvements coming to the UI, can't wait for it!

That’s easy: Frunk button in the FordPass app is too difficult to program. Of course you get this first. 🤪🐩
Nah, since he's not @Jimrpa, I'm guessing he'll get the Frunk button first. 🤣

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Nah, since he's not @Jimrpa, I'm guessing he'll get the Frunk button first. 🤣
Since they have that hard coded into the FP app just for @Jimrpa I’m pretty sure he’s never going to see the button. 😱🐩

if username = ‘jimrpa’
InhibitFrunkButton = TRUE
end if

🤔🐩

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Since they have that hard coded into the FP app just for @Jimrpa I’m pretty sure he’s never going to see the button. 😱🐩

if username = ‘jimrpa’
InhibitFrunkButton = TRUE
end if

🤔🐩
I like that approach since keying on username ensures he'll never get it on any future vehicles too.

(@Jimrpa, we love you and your single-minded pursuit of that ever so elusive frunk button!)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I like that approach since keying on username ensures he'll never get it on any future vehicles too.

(@Jimrpa, we love you and your single-minded pursuit of that ever so elusive frunk button!)
Yeah, I thought about whether Ford wanted to not allow the car to have it or if they were out to get Jim. I figured they have some sort of axe to grind and wouldn’t have keyed on VIN. Then I found that snippet as proof of theory. 🤪🐩

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
WOW, I think this is the first preview we have seen of the new interface and it looks fantastic! Love the additional uses for the volume nob, I'm really interested to know how it will be used. I'm guessing it's context aware in some way. This is making me super pumped for the future OTAs that will release this new UI and features, it can't come soon enough!

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I guess we will need to keep an eye on Ford's YouTube channel to see if any future videos highlight more of the new interface and features.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

I’m slipping - other people are beating me to it! 😢

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yeah, I thought about whether Ford wanted to not allow the car to have it or if they were out to get Jim. I figured they have some sort of axe to grind and wouldn’t have keyed on VIN. Then I found that snippet as proof of theory. 🤪🐩
So is THAT why @Ford Motor Company keeps asking me to send them my VIN and dealer whenever I complain about lack of a remote frunk release? 😀

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
And still no Heat button on the main screen. Bah.
Choosing AC instead of heat as button looks to me like these decisions are made by people with no first hand experience with the car... or any EV.
Sponsored