Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
This top bar concerns me. This is now the second time we've seen it in a Ford video.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! 1667491856085

I Hope those Home and Settings icons don't make the final release. I like the car icon better.
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The only thing that irks me is the white text bubble not lining up with the exact same size Dual button thatā€™s just slightly behind it. I mean come on, bump it down a few pixels.

I'm really interested to know how it will be used. I'm guessing it's context aware in some way.
In the YouTube video they show touching the temp, seat, or fan button first, then the knob function changes.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
This top bar concerns me. This is now the second time we've seen it in a Ford video.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! 1667491856085

I Hope those Home and Settings icons don't make the final release. I like the car icon better.
Any top bar without a 360 camera button is an automatic fail.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Any top bar without a 360 camera button is an automatic fail.
Well ya. It needs to be somewhere.
It just pains me to see such a clean UI ruined by those clip art looking buttons.

Reminds me of My Ford Touch all over again. Gen 1 looked good, but was buggy as hell. Gen 2 was more stable, but lost a lot of the nice design work.

I am a form over function person though.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

Yeah thought these were placeholders, guess not lol

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah thought these were placeholders, guess not lol
I was really hoping they were. Sadly Ford gave up on having a cohesive design and dipped into the Word Clip Art library. šŸ˜¢

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I love that the huge improvements are made and we spoiled owners just point out what we don't like. I love the direction.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
lol we once had that idea at the product development meeting last year, and we gave up, too complicated
I donā€™t even understand how the CN version works, is it an LCD projector?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is a lovely improvement re The Knob and I canā€™t wait to get it.

I concur that it sure would be nice to have one-tap Home Screen access to the front and 360 cams (even if only enabled under a certain speed). That sure would be helpful when parking.

And while weā€™re at it, one-tap Home Screen access to the rear hatch would be awesome, too. THAT should have been a physical button.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is a lovely improvement re The Knob and I canā€™t wait to get it.

I concur that it sure would be nice to have one-tap Home Screen access to the front and 360 cams (even if only enabled under a certain speed). That sure would be helpful when parking.

And while weā€™re at it, one-tap Home Screen access to the rear hatch would be awesome, too. THAT should have been a physical button.
I've been working on trying to get a physical button to work for the cameras. The Lightning and Mach-E have the same Image Processing module with a slightly different wiring configuration and module config. I've worked on and off with this for 6 months but really haven't put a ton of time into it. I'm updating a Lightnting this weekend and will research a bit more. Hopefully I will have a bit more time this winter to look into it further.

As far as a rear hatch physical button, I posted this over a year ago: #1
With an update here: #57

samev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Well, I've been hard at practice with the slider button, and have gotten really efficient with it for setting both the temp and fan speed. I hope Ford leaves this original option available and/or enables voice control for the fan. Can't really afford to learn new skills with every other OTA update.
Sponsored