MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag
Great thank you GT expert limited to 5 seconds of full acceleration and quite possibly no kids. The issue is the switch to the hatch should NOT be hidden. Lined up in a school drop off pick up line is a fast efficient process and fiddling for an extra few seconds before the slow motorized hatch is even activated wastes valuable time that none of our other cars require. Stop, put in park, press car icon (from CarPlay screen), press access, press hatch...and wait. All the other soccer moms are still rolling while their hatches are going up, but this is only a $50,000 car so I'll keep most of my Mach-e expectations in check. Kids got sick of waiting for this slow sequence, don't Balme them.
How about just keeping the backpacks in the car?

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How about just keeping the backpacks in the car?
This is the solution. All those other parents that they said were still rolling while their trunks are opening sounds a bit like BS. The correct answer that all non-idiot parents do is to have the kid sit with their backpack on their lap or in front of them. They then all file out one side of the car and done. There is no other correct answer to this problem.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Would be cool to see them add ambient lighting to the dialā€¦ where you can dial in the color instead of a few preselected colors. Itā€™s RGB, it can be done.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! 87569BCB-FE47-42A3-9367-442F47B407C1

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
Well this is a noteworthy video, we can see the knob can be used to make adjustments to temp and fan speed with the new UI.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Battery Slider & knob controlled temperature and fan speed previewed in new Ford video! 87569BCB-FE47-42A3-9367-442F47B407C1

Also the video touches on the strategy behind the new HVAC calibration for improved cold weather performance:

Using blended air instead of 100% outside air will dramatically increase the supply air temperature so there is more heat in cold weather. I believe the old HVAC software would only use 100% outside air during heating (like an ICE vehicle). I'm glad they did what I suggested last year.
For new owners, you can often leave the heat off completely and just use the heated seat and steering wheel. It works very well and it more efficient for the battery.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For new owners, you can often leave the heat off completely and just use the heated seat and steering wheel. It works very well and it more efficient for the battery.
That doesn't work for defrosting the windshield, unfortunately.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
This is the solution. All those other parents that they said were still rolling while their trunks are opening sounds a bit like BS. The correct answer that all non-idiot parents do is to have the kid sit with their backpack on their lap or in front of them. They then all file out one side of the car and done. There is no other correct answer to this problem.
Where do these blame fool idiots get off even having kids in the first place? And if you're gonna have kids, just make sure they are well-behaved, sitting silently in the back seat, with their hands folded on top of their backpacks. This isn't hard, people! Why in my day, the kids had to walk to school and back, and they didn't have any of these newfangled "backpacks" with their fancy shoulder straps and their zippers and their rock n roll. Consarn it!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Where do these blame fool idiots get off even having kids in the first place? And if you're gonna have kids, just make sure they are well-behaved, sitting silently in the back seat, with their hands folded on top of their backpacks. This isn't hard, people! Why in my day, the kids had to walk to school and back, and they didn't have any of these newfangled "backpacks" with their fancy shoulder straps and their zippers and their rock n roll. Consarn it!
ROFL. Back in my day backpacks were for the military on maneuvers or for campers/hikers (or bums). Kids carried their books under their arms and were darned happy to be able to carry them. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

Get off my lawn you pesky kids! šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I really wish Ford would stop messing around with all this volume control knob-focused UI development until they implement the remote frunk release. This is getting to be absurd.
Frunk and rear hatch buttons at the top of the screen sound like a priority to me, but only after they force another pulsating kaleidoscope of spiderweb graphics on the driver screen again because the programmer.
Too funny. Another 6 months, I'll have to put Student Driver magnetic signs on my Mach-e. Given that I drive the car at 90% there will be some concerned drivers out there.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
That doesn't work for defrosting the windshield, unfortunately.
It does if you have the inscreen delisted elements. I use that and not the ac. With you could turn off ac from front screen and turn on the screen demist also without the menu.
my largest gripe is when you have the ac off and turn on the demist button, after you are done you press again to turn it off but the ac stays on.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It does if you have the inscreen delisted elements. I use that and not the ac. With you could turn off ac from front screen and turn on the screen demist also without the menu.
my largest gripe is when you have the ac off and turn on the demist button, after you are done you press again to turn it off but the ac stays on.
Remember - Americans arenā€™t allowed to have QuickClear windscreens - only you fancy Europeans get such sophisticated technology. We get an ice scraper.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I really wish Ford would stop messing around with all this volume control knob-focused UI development until they implement the remote frunk release. This is getting to be absurd.
Itā€™s not really a trade off they have to make. They already have the software written for a working remote frunk release, and itā€™s installed in most Mach-Eā€™s built at this point. All they need to do is push that code down to the 2021 Job 1s and they arenā€™t for some reason.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Itā€™s not really a trade off they have to make. They already have the software written for a working remote frunk release, and itā€™s installed in most Mach-Eā€™s built at this point. All they need to do is push that code down to the 2021 Job 1s and they arenā€™t for some reason.
Apparently, there is more work to be done, so itā€™s a valid trade to make. We were the ones shouting ā€œtake our money!ā€ In November and December of 2019 based on just a webcast and a bunch of marketing speak! Why canā€™t ford prioritize this slightly!? šŸ˜”
Sponsored