Battery State of Charge When Mach-E Leaves the Factory

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Anyone know what state of charge Mach-Es are leaving the factory in Mexico with? I asked my dealer not to charge my Mach E to 100% if possible before I take delivery. He said they leave the plant in Mexico with the battery charged up to 100%.

This doesn't sound correct to me, but anyone know for sure? I certainly hope this isn't the case - charging up to 100% several hours before a long trip is one thing, but my vehicle was manufactured about two and a half months ago (11/28) and if it has been sitting at 100% charge (or likely 95%+ now) all that time, that would be a little bit concerning to me.
Sponsored

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I have not seen anyone confirm what the SOC is when they leave the factory. My expectation (and others) was that they are at 50% since they would arguably be best for the battery. I'm also curious to know what their actual process is (Mine was built on 12/10.)

Reactions: ARK

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
It won't be charged to 100% for transport and storage, I can guarantee LG Chem wouldn't allow that. The actual value is probably in the 30-60% range. I also understand that part of the dealer inspection checklist is to charge up the car after delivery.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
When I picked up mine today I asked my salesperson what the state of charge is coming from the factory. They said that every one they have seen has been charged to at least 90% or more (they have delivered 8 now including mine).

This would make sense as mine showed up at the dealer in the late morning and I picked it up at 5pm. If the charge was appreciably low then it wouldn't have had 100% when I picked it up.

• Wow
OP
OP
ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
When I picked up mine today I asked my salesperson what the state of charge is coming from the factory. They said that every one they have seen has been charged to at least 90% or more (they have delivered 8 now including mine).

This would make sense as mine showed up at the dealer in the late morning and I picked it up at 5pm. If the charge was appreciably low then it wouldn't have had 100% when I picked it up.
Well this is certainly not what I was hoping to hear. If these cars have really been at that state of charge for this much time might the battery be a bit aged right off the bat?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well this is certainly not what I was hoping to hear. If these cars have really been at that state of charge for this much time might the battery be a bit aged right off the bat?
Dealer said mine came in at 99%, so I am not sure if it got charged during the KC blunder or from the factory. Due to the built in buffer it should be fine but annoyed me as well. The MME sat for roughly two months since being produced.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Dealer said mine came in at 99%, so I am not sure if it got charged during the KC blunder or from the factory. Due to the built in buffer it should be fine but annoyed me as well. The MME sat for roughly two months since being produced.
If my car sat for two months and had a battery that was still at 99%, I would be getting calls from Tesla, since they would want to buy my car because I clearly have the best battery/car combination on the planet, bar none. I'm good with that.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If my car sat for two months and had a battery that was still at 99%, I would be getting calls from Tesla, since they would want to buy my car because I clearly have the best battery/car combination on the planet, bar none. I'm good with that.
Just keep in mind the car is in transport mode, that might cut the drain.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Mine was a month and 5 days in transit, and I went to the dealer when it was dropped off. Arrived with 94% charge

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Mine was 6 weeks, arrived at 92%
Appears to a common theme for the ones held up originally. Hopefully the built in buffer will dampen the high SOC state. At this point it's done, so the milk as spilt, not going to have a choice on the matter.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Appears to a common theme for the ones held up originally. Hopefully the built in buffer will dampen the high SOC state. At this point it's done, so the milk as spilt, not going to have a choice on the matter.
I don't know that mine was held up. per se. It just took a long time to get here. It sat in KC during those bad storms. Mine was trucked out of KC, not another train. It looks like the 6 weeks would have 4 if not for the weather, but I'm just speculating. 4 weeks in transit should be kind of normal.
Sponsored