PatrickG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Hello Mach-E forum. I was wondering if anyone knows of a dealer in or near the SF Bay Area that would be glad to accept a new order for a Mach-E.

I made a reservation for a 2023 one week ago. In the time since, I've responded with all of my order details and contact information to automated emails from the Sales Manager, Internet Sales Manager, and General Manager. I've also had 3 calls with the dealership, and through all of this communication I've not been able to convince them to accept my order. I am a very easy customer, happy to do whatever I need to do to get my order in, but I can't get my dealer to hold up their end. They have twice guaranteed that it would be accepted by a deadline that they set, the first deadline was the end of the night Monday, the second was the end of the morning today, it's 4pm and still not accepted. I realize it could be about a year before I actually see the car, and I have plenty of patience for that, but having this much difficulty just getting the order accepted indicates to me that this dealer will continue to drag their feet throughout the process.

I would like to reach out to Ford to change to a different dealership, but I had a similar experience at another Ford dealer in the South Bay when I tried to order a Maverick last fall (failed because the dealership didn't submit my order before Ford's cutoff for 2022 orders), so I want to make sure that the next dealer I try can do better than these two. I'm on the peninsula, but I'm willing to drive reasonably far to give my business to a dealer who actually wants it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, I am looking forward to interacting more with this community in the coming months and years.
Sponsored

KSpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Ford Store Morgan Hill. Can’t stress enough how nice it is to work with them.

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Walnut Creek Ford (where I have placed a maverick order at MSRP and just bought a canceled MY22 Mach-E at MSRP) and Ford Store Morgan Hill, where I bought my first Mach–E eat are the places I go with excellent customer service.

Ask for Sohail or Mr. Watson at Walnut Creek Ford; Louie the Sales GM at Morgan Hill.

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Walnut Creek Ford (where I have placed a maverick order at MSRP and just bought a canceled MY22 Mach-E at MSRP) and Ford Store Morgan Hill, where I bought my first Mach–E eat are the places I go with excellent customer service.

Ask for Sohail or Mr. Watson at Walnut Creek Ford; Louie the Sales GM at Morgan Hill.
did u have to be on a list to get the cancelled order, or just called at the right time?? i have an active order with Walnut Creek for a MY 23 but am trying to get a car earlier. My salesperson said he would tell the sales manager but I cant tell if they keep a list like that

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
did u have to be on a list to get the cancelled order, or just called at the right time?? i have an active order with Walnut Creek for a MY 23 but am trying to get a car earlier. My salesperson said he would tell the sales manager but I cant tell if they keep a list like that
I think both? I have an active MY23 order at WCF with a 11/21 build date, and like you asked them to put me on a MY22 list as well. I happened to be in the right place at the right time, dropping off another car at WCF for a warranty repair right when a delivered MY22 order became unclaimed. I was fine “giving over” my MY23 order for a slightly lesser trim that I could drive home that day. I also have a Maverick on order with them, but who knows when that will come lol.

My suggestion is to keep in touch with your sales representative, and stop by to get a better feel for when another vehicle might open up.

OP
OP

PatrickG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Thanks for the replies and discussion. Unfortunately, as soon as I got off the phone with Morgan Hill and went to call Ford to have my order re-routed, the unresponsive local dealer accepted my order, making it impossible to reassign without outright cancelling and requesting a refund of my deposit. Now I'm on the fence as to whether to cancel and start a new reservation with a better dealer, or just continue with the nearby dealer.

LeWe

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Occupation
SWE
Country flag
If you have the money, I strongly recommend hedging on dealerships. If they're already causing you issues, who is to say what will happen when the car actually arrives? It is a refundable $500 for peace of mind. And you get to watch them race to the dealerships.

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I agree with hedging and putting an order with a different dealer or several different dealers

I did the same as every dealer does things differently when it comes to getting a car earlier due to abandoned customer orders

The nice thing about walnut creek ford is, if a car becomes available its not a free for all(ie first to arrive to dealership gets it). they actually have a quite organized system of assigning priority to those abandoned customer orders so that even if you cant make it there immediately you have a shot of getting the car if you want it

Long story short, I have an order for a MY23(placed 8/26, build date 11/7). I have been in contact with my salesperson since October 1 to let him know i wanted a MY22 is one became available . A month later I got a call that one is available! I live 1.5 hr away which was ok they will keep it for me fora couple days until i can make it out there

This is huge for the tax incentive purposes and bc MY22 is 3-8k cheaper for the same car!

Not to mention WCF accepts Xplan and you can get options financing. even if you want to pay cash you can take advantage of the 2k incentive and just pay it off early

During this time, i also placed an order with a different dealership outside the Bay Area. A few weeks later I put down a separate deposit with them for an incoming abandoned order which hasn’t arrived, but for 5k ADM. That car has build date of 9/16 but who knows when it’ll arrive.

Delivery time to california is more than 2 months from build date, which meant my MY23 wouldn’t have arrived before the end of year.

All the other local dealership close to me all want way more than 5k over MSRP. Ive tried to negotiate a lower ADM in person with very little luck

Thanks for the replies and discussion. Unfortunately, as soon as I got off the phone with Morgan Hill and went to call Ford to have my order re-routed, the unresponsive local dealer accepted my order, making it impossible to reassign without outright cancelling and requesting a refund of my deposit. Now I'm on the fence as to whether to cancel and start a new reservation with a better dealer, or just continue with the nearby dealer.
Sponsored