BC & Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I get the hands on the wheel warning sometimes when my hands are on the wheel! Must be my featherlight touch.
Oh yes, that's definitely an issue. It isn't a squeeze per se that fixes it, but torque resistance. You've gotta add some resistance. Sometimes resting a hand on the wheel just isn't enough. The hand nanny is too sensitive, in my opinion.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Nope, it is 9 and 3 (serious fyi)

Im more of a 12 or 6 person 🤷‍♂️
I refuse to adapt, after learning 10 and 2. Let the NHTSA come after me...

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Oh yes, that's definitely an issue. It isn't a squeeze per se that fixes it, but torque resistance. You've gotta add some resistance. Sometimes resting a hand on the wheel just isn't enough. The hand nanny is too sensitive, in my opinion.
Yeah, I think it is looking for some torque on the steering shaft, either resisting the car's movement, or adding a little of your own. I sometimes give a tiny little wiggle to the wheel to remind it I'm there. Squeezing probably doesn't do anything, I don't think it has any sensors in the wheel itself.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
CMax owners on a forum where they don't own the vehicle don't have the right to call anyone "Boomer".
lmao it's just good natured ribbing. If you'll notice I've been here a little longer than you. ;). No one owned a mach e then.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lmao it's just good natured ribbing. If you'll notice I've been here a little longer than you. ;). No one owned a mach e then.
At least when I got one, I was proud enough to update my Vehicles list under my picture. ;)

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yup, since airbags were a thing, it’s 9 and 3. At 10 and 2, if the airbag deploys you’re gonna have the insides of your arms scraped off for you like a cheese slicer went over them. At 12, it will probably blow your hand off the wheel, and you’ll probably break your wrist as it smacks into the ceiling.

Took me a long time to lose 10 and 2, but glad I finally broke the habit.
Sponsored