BC boosts rebate for electric vehicles to a maximum of $4,000

maki4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang v6 2010, MME Premium eAWD 2022
Country flag
A statement from the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation says the maximum provincial rebate for battery-electric, fuel-cell electric and long-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles climbs from $3,000 to $4,000.

The maximum rebate for lower-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles increases to $2,000 from the previous high of $1,500.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/08/02/news/bc-boosts-rebate-electric-vehicles
Sponsored

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
A statement from the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation says the maximum provincial rebate for battery-electric, fuel-cell electric and long-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles climbs from $3,000 to $4,000.

The maximum rebate for lower-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicles increases to $2,000 from the previous high of $1,500.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2022/08/02/news/bc-boosts-rebate-electric-vehicles
This is a great increase, I just wish it was around when I bought my Mach-E last year :(

Phil123

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering Select RWD
Country flag
The new rebate process is very complicated and is based on income - the more you earn, the less rebate you get.

This is a noble idea, but I doubt it can be truly fair - Just look at how many multi-million real estate deals in BC done by "student"

Kks17

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach e
Country flag
Does the dealer apply for the provincial rebate as well or only the federal ?

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
The new rebate process is very complicated and is based on income - the more you earn, the less rebate you get.

This is a noble idea, but I doubt it can be truly fair - Just look at how many multi-million real estate deals in BC done by "student"
I agree, it shouldn't be based on income level, it should just be based on the price of the car. This way it's fair and anyone who wants to drive a less expensive EV that qualifies for the higher EV rebate can do so.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
When I bought my Premium SR AWD last year, it didn't qualify for any rebates, but now it seems like it will count for both the Federal and Provicial rebates, which could make it the same or slightly cheaper than what I paid last year.
Sponsored