John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My wife is going to roll her eyes, and I have never had a vanity plate before, but this is special. It cost me extra for the organization too ( I could not resist that logo), but it is for a good cause. I will have to transfer them from my Escape . . . so . .
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.42.03 AM.png
Got Mine today!
It will be on my MkS until I take delivery

3618-247665582b44272786b02aeb01d619bd.jpg

LicensePlate3.jpg
Ok, we can meet up and compare as long as I don’t have to come to Xichigan ?

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Most of the MME, Stang, pony plates were already spoken for in Michigan, likely due to those in Dearborn. So I opted for something a little different. (Apparently it can be read 2 different ways?)

Screenshot_2020-08-29-22-40-36_kindlephoto-76266023.png

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Illinois has vanity plates but unfortunately not for EVs as they are special plates (in the boring form of #### EL) so I never really gave it any thought what I would get.

However, while on a road trip I came across this plate that gave me a chuckle ...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Custom Vanity Plates - What's Yours? IMG_20190914_154825

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
Someone else in Texas had already selected "MACHE" for the personalized license plates. So I did "MME" but I changed my mind after placing the order. I found that "MACHE FE" was still available. I used the Mach Drop to place an order for a Grabber Blue FE. I called the help line and they said they change it.

Unfortunately I signed up for the 6 or less letters plates. So I couldn't do "MACHE FE" as that is 7 letters (a single space doesn't count). I was able to change it to "MACHE 1".

So "MACHE FE" is still available in Texas if anyone wants to go to myplates.com to order it.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Unfortunately, my state requires a VIN before you can get vanity plates.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Unfortunately, my state requires a VIN before you can get vanity plates.
So does mine, but if they allow transfers, get it on your current car and transfer to the ME when it comes. That's what I did. (although I did not put them on the car yet - don't tell the OHP)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So does mine, but if they allow transfers, get it on your current car and transfer to the ME when it comes. That's what I did. (although I did not put them on the car yet - don't tell the OHP)
I’ve been going 2 months with my old plates and every time a see a police car I clinch a bit.... would be weird driving a Veloster with “MACH-EV” plates though. Plus I want them new with the new car.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve been going 2 months with my old plates and every time a see a police car I clinch a bit.... would be weird driving a Veloster with “MACH-EV” plates though. Plus I want them new with the new car.
Same. I am carrying the new plates in my Escape glove box, but E Pony on an Escape? Hopefully an officer would understand. The current plates still have a current sticker on them.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I sold my car a month or so ago and have been borrowing my parents extra car. Which has been a bad move since it's looking like I won't get my MME until Q1 21.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Vanity plates started 50 years ago In California, so it's pretty hopeless. Every variation of mustang, pony, etc., has been taken. And for electric stuff, amps, volts, energy, and so on, it's pretty hopeless too.

Here's mine (already ordered):
Ford Mustang Mach-E Custom Vanity Plates - What's Yours? StevesMach-E

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
My current plate starts with "GG" so I'm torn on changing it.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Vanity plates started 50 years ago In California, so it's pretty hopeless. Every variation of mustang, pony, etc., has been taken. And for electric stuff, amps, volts, energy, and so on, it's pretty hopeless too.

I spent hours on the DMV website trying a myriad of combinations and permutations, and the "best" (a matter of opinion) I could come up with is below. I snagged it (it will be a Vietnam Vet plate) and will be on my Lincoln MKX first, and then transferred to my Mach E once it arrives.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Custom Vanity Plates - What's Yours? StevesMach-E
Thank you for your service.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ordered mine months ago, still have yet to get them. Apparently there is no way to even look up the status in CA. You just get them your money and it comes if it comes…..

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ordered mine months ago, still have yet to get them. Apparently there is no way to even look up the status in CA. You just get them your money and it comes if it comes…..
I ordered mine when I reserved. CA is having some sort of problem with plates (chip shortage anyone?). DMV informed me the wait is 6-8 months. I’m well past that. I *thought* that I would be confusing people by having “EPONY GT” on my Fusion, but now it looks like I will have generic plates first. Who’da thunk that my poorly-prioritized, twice-delayed MME would arrive in less time than my license plates? I guess there are too many moving parts in a license plate. ??
Sponsored