JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
My guess, but 1st generation EV lots of unknowns to say confidently I need a car to last 10 years. Just my opinion
Isn't exactly a 1st generation EV. Sure its Ford's 1st ground up EV but it definately isn't 1st generation given Ford's prior experience with the Focus Electric not to mention all their hybrids going all the way back to the first Hybrid Escape.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
Just how I think when OP very 1st statement this is my next 10 year car. If I was putting my 1st statement I need 10 years out of this car I would pause. I like my MME a lot, but if the OP says that is #1, and all his other concerns this might not be the best move right now.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
No reason for it to not last 10 years, but certainly is a higher risk than most vehicles. If it's because "I want it to last 10 years" it's probably worth the chance. If it's because "no way can I afford this if it doesn't", then it better to wait a couple of years and save up for larger down payment, and more options. Right now I think the mach e is the best option (for what I am concerned about), but there are a lot of options coming out in the next 1-4 years that I am not sure if I will be able to say that it's the best option in even 6 months, much less 2 years. I am really curious to see what Dodge comes out with now they finally announce something for 2024, really liked my AWD hemi charger...
Sponsored