TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
We do own. Suggestions on what I install? I have a 110 outlet currently up front.
At the least, install or have installed a 14-50 outlet. That way you can use the supplied Ford EVSE for quicker recharges at home
Sponsored

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
I am trying real hard to stay under the 50k MSRP for the $2500 rebate from the state to do some electrical.

Have you driven in the snow yet?

longer range or awd if you had to choose?

I’m probably ending up with the select awd either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just took delivery earlier this Aug. I chose AWD extended range

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We do own. Suggestions on what I install? I have a 110 outlet currently up front.
I have the charge point home+ mainly because it is on the Eversource page for the 300.00 (although I keep getting denied with no reasons) the charger was a bit over 700 at Granite city with tax...I put it in myself with the help of an electrician friend. I also hardwired my charger (I have no garage so the charger is outside)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am trying real hard to stay under the 50k MSRP for the $2500 rebate from the state to do some electrical.

Have you driven in the snow yet?

longer range or awd if you had to choose?

I’m probably ending up with the select awd either way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
@JamieGeek responded earlier but he went with the RWD and has driven it in Michigan winter. He was quite happy with the performance.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
My advice: Do not buy anything until you are certain. Do all the research you can and make an informed decision. That way you'll never regret and never look back.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
@JamieGeek responded earlier but he went with the RWD and has driven it in Michigan winter. He was quite happy with the performance.
Indeed when I placed my order in June I had some thought about driving RWD in Michigan. Then I remembered that I used to drive pickups: Sure they had 4x4 but I almost never turned that on--usually only when I wanted to have some fun.

In addition to that I've found that the traction control systems on EVs to be a bit better than they are on their ICE bretheren.

It didn't take long for me to find out as we had a few good snowstorms shortly after picking up the car. Any doubts were quickly dispelled...

OP
OP

killcatfish

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Former 77, 05. Future Mach E Select.
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I debated responding because, well, it's not my job to convince the OP of anything.

Just because I love my car and am thoroughly happy with it doesn't mean someone else will feel the same. Take the time to do some indepth research from folks like @Mach-E VLOG , alex on autos, edmunds.com, etc. Those folks have spent a lot of time with the cars, and have plenty of videos and information about the Model Y and Mach E.

Spending $60k on a car because a bunch of strangers said they loved their cars is probably not a good move
Frankly I will end up with an F150 (probably) in the next 2-4 years in exchange for the mini van. I want to go green, otherwise I'd buy
My advice: Do not buy anything until you are certain. Do all the research you can and make an informed decision. That way you'll never regret and never look back.
Yea. It’s tough. I want electric for my wife’s commute, and as much as we can use it as a family. I’m just not sure the family would use it over the mini van.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yea. It’s tough. I want electric for my wife’s commute, and as much as we can use it as a family. I’m just not sure the family would use it over the mini van.
As with many on here that already have their Mach-E you'll likely find that you use it more than you initially thought.

I even found that out back in 2013 when I picked up the 70 mile Focus Electric. We drove that thing everywhere we could (obviously no road trips for that one--no DCFC).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Frankly I will end up with an F150 (probably) in the next 2-4 years in exchange for the mini van. I want to go green, otherwise I'd buy
That’s why I have a reservation for a Lightning.

OP
OP

killcatfish

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Former 77, 05. Future Mach E Select.
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
That’s why I have a reservation for a Lightning.
Do we have any idea how much a crew cab will be yet, for the lightning?

Do you still have the leaf? And do you have the Mach E? My fall back is a used 2019 Leaf for 21k and my wife will commute and we'll use it around town til an actual family electric comes out for for not light on gear and pets travelers! I just don't think the Mach E is going to be a family outing car, at least for my family. Makes me almost wish I had a commute, I would have bought it already!!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Do you still have the leaf? And do you have the Mach E? My fall back is a used 2019 Leaf for 21k and my wife will commute and we'll use it around town til an actual family electric comes out for for not light on gear and pets travelers! I just don't think the Mach E is going to be a family outing car, at least for my family. Makes me almost wish I had a commute, I would have bought it already!!
Lightnings will range from the $40K Pro to the $90K Platinum.

We’ll sell the Leaf and the Tacoma when we get the Lightning.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

You will spend at least $60k for an XLT. Figure $70k for Lariat.

Minus $7,500 tax credit, which could POSSIBLY be $12,500 if the proposed changes become law.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I bought mine in August..it was the program car at Franklin Ford, so no winter driving...AWD Extended was the only real option for me. I ran a length of 6/3 from the panel outside and hardwired a Chargepoint home+ with a 60Amp breaker...I am luck that my wife's best friends husband is an electrician so I get the friends and family rate...According to chargepoint there is a 1000 federal rebate..I am having ZERO success registering my charger with eversource to get the 300.00 credit although, since i'm not getting any break on my rate I gave up.

JRT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2wd Premium
Country flag
No way I'd assume this is a 10 year car like Toyota and Honda

Chuck

First Name
Chuck