Behind the Blue Oval: A Conversation About Ford Driver Assist Thursday Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. EST

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Do you know anyone who might be interested in understanding what it’s like to work in one of the fastest growing tech fields at Ford? If you do, please share this link to register for “Behind the Blue Oval: A Conversation About Ford Driver Assist” taking place on Thursday Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. EST and including a live Q&A session with Driver Assist Technology team members to learn about exciting projects like BlueCruise, how we are using AI/ML to support sensing and perception, and opportunities to join the team.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Behind the Blue Oval: A Conversation About Ford Driver Assist Thursday Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. EST {filename}

Ford Mustang Mach-E Behind the Blue Oval: A Conversation About Ford Driver Assist Thursday Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. EST 1645036356112
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What do you want to bet the first question is "When will I get BlueCruise"? ?

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
I hope someone asks and gets a clear answer to "Why do all Mach E builds other than build 1 cars have Blue Cruise active and why is the excuse that Ford gives is they wants to make sure BlueCruise works when its already active in other cars?"

I just wish Ford would be honest. It'd be a relief for them to just say "We underestimated the difficulty of OTA updates as we are not a tech company but we want to play as one"

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I hope someone asks and gets a clear answer to "Why do all Mach E builds other than build 1 cars have Blue Cruise active and why is the excuse that Ford gives is they wants to make sure BlueCruise works when its already active in other cars?"

I just wish Ford would be honest. It'd be a relief for them to just say "We underestimated the difficulty of OTA updates as we are not a tech company but we want to play as one"
I think it is already extremely apparent that it is purely because of OTA capabilities and that the car will be unusable for some of the updates BlueCruise requires. It seems they're finally getting smoother and quicker with OTA updates and, with 2.3.0, given all Job 1 cars the necessary update to install updates on demand that will require the car to not be used for a certain amount of time.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I don't see why they can't install the updates for all the necessary modules at the dealership. The dealerships already would have the necessary tools and software, as they would need to be able to support the Mach-E models that do come with the updated software and bluecruise by default.

I understand that they want to get their OTA system figured out, but they shouldn't be punishing their first Mach-E customers.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Guess people aren't realizing this is a recruiting event, not a customer event.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I guess you missed that entire thread?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ting-q1-q2-2022-for-21my-job-1-mach-es.13872/

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I've seen it but it doesn't really explain why OTA was delayed about 9 months while new cars were coming off the line with it. In fact, the "reason" in the TSB is nothing more than them advertising they've put out 35,000 cars with BlueCruise active while build 1 cars remain without it.
Short answer: Ford has learned OTA updates are a lot harder than they expected.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I hope one of you posts a recording of this event. ?
I’ll second the request for a recording. Sadly, tomorrow is one of the 5 horrific days of my workweek ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Watching it. It is nothing but a recruiting pitch and discussion of things that went on in the development of BlueCruise.

Outside of learning the software they are using behind BlueCruise development (C++) I don't think I've heard anything new.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Watching it. It is nothing but a recruiting pitch and discussion of things that went on in the development of BlueCruise.

Outside of learning the software they are using behind BlueCruise development (C++) I don't think I've heard anything new.
Agree.
This is the only thing I don't remember seeing before. But this sounds like an exciting company to work for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Behind the Blue Oval: A Conversation About Ford Driver Assist Thursday Feb. 17 at 3 p.m. EST 1645130188624

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Why do they let stupid questions through? "What SAE level is BlueCruise?"
Sponsored