Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT, Volvo XC 90, Ford F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can’t comment on Michigan weather for these but I put the Continental ExtremeContact on my Premium in the DWS06 Plus in the 245/50RZ19. They are same revs per mile. Ride and handle superb and really look good. You can tell it is more tire.
781B8F66-A0F7-4949-AA56-826B36D2D232.jpeg
It’s beginning to look like the extremecontact is the winner!

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
hey, hope you can help me.
I am waiting for my RWD SR. The factory 18' will be replaced by aftermarket 20'
The question is tires. I am living in northern germany, mild weather all year. no need for winter tires.
my thoughts are summer tires (plus a second set winter - required by law ) or just 1 set all sesaon instead.
did someone of you living in a comparable mild climate area test summer vs all season in summer? performancewise as well as range? I need to do a cost calc .. my gutt feeling is all season is cheaper in the end, annual mileage is around 10k, with the fewest miles in winter
Thanks for your feedback

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I ordered my premium awd er with the summer tires. I live in Atlanta, where the winter is mild. I'd say 40 is the most average temperature during the winter, with slightly below freezing in the early morning pretty much every day.
Do I need all season tires for the winter? Can the summer tires hold it or the compound will deteriorate in the colder temps?
We got the summer tires on our 4X as well, however, we upgraded to 20x8.5 OZ Racing wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 UHP A/S tires after about 3 months. That said, the OEM Continental PremiumContact 6 summer tires were just fine in our similar “winter” climate in Central Texas. We used them from November - January and they handled temps in the 30s with zero problems. Warning: the sidewall design is kinda bad imo, see pic. Reminds me of kickballs from the ‘80s 😂. They do provide a much better steering feedback than the OEM Michelin A/S tires though, lots more lateral grip as well.

Although summer tires aren’t meant to be used in below freezing conditions, I think you’d likely be ok in Atlanta where it’s mainly only that cold in the morning and there is little ice/snow.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best all season tires? 1E784151-AAF5-4529-89B0-3F6D6230000E
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best all season tires? 85B32354-DF0A-4379-AEB1-E1BB2960A74B

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
This
We got the summer tires on our 4X as well, however, we upgraded to 20x8.5 OZ Racing wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 UHP A/S tires after about 3 months. That said, the OEM Continental PremiumContact 6 summer tires were just fine in our similar “winter” climate in Central Texas. We used them from November - January and they handled temps in the 30s with zero problems. Warning: the sidewall design is kinda bad imo, see pic. Reminds me of kickballs from the ‘80s 😂. They do provide a much better steering feedback than the OEM Michelin A/S tires though, lots more lateral grip as well.

Although summer tires aren’t meant to be used in below freezing conditions, I think you’d likely be ok in Atlanta where it’s mainly only that cold in the morning and there is little ice/snow.
This was so helpful, thank you so much. And you are right, they do look "particular". 😃
It's great to hear they provide a good grip, despite being a motorcycle tire lol