Best cheap accessory for all those that have the stock license plate holder!!! Must have!

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Since I'm sure everyone that has a front plate knows that the front holder doesn't really allow for a frame and it looks kinda not finished if just the bare front plate is in the holder. I found this cheap black silicone plate frame that actually fits just perfect inside the stock holder. Really gives it a finished feel and even has plugs for the bottom plate holes so it just works. Best $10 https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...aign=20220312_A_ET_TX_SDDOFD&utm_content=ITEM

P.S. Gotta say it looks better in person. The camera picked up on weird reflections. I could never get my frame to sit flush on the holder, this looks much cleaner. Helps that my plate is black, but still finishes the look.

20220312_101740.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Can I ask about your stripes? Where you get them? Did you install yourself?

ThomF

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Engineer-historian
Country flag
Thanks for the lead. I've ordered one; looks like a good fix.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can I ask about your stripes? Where you get them? Did you install yourself?
Had someone do them custom. 7.25" black and 1/2" white slightly overlayed 1/4" so total 7.5" each stripe. Vinyl with ceramic coating over them. I just love them. At 7.5" they just fit inside the humps of the hood. IMO that's the best size, but I think I am biased ???

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Had someone do them custom. 7.25" black and 1/2" white slightly overlayed 1/4" so total 7.5" each stripe. Vinyl with ceramic coating over them. I just love them. At 7.5" they just fit inside the humps of the hood. IMO that's the best size, but I think I am biased ???
Thanks! Good advice. My car is while and I'm trying to decide if I should just do a black-only or have an accent color also. Just curious what I cost you to do that .

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just the black was $800 and the pinstripes were $195. I think the pinstripes really set it off nicely ? But that's just me.

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! Good advice. My car is while and I'm trying to decide if I should just do a black-only or have an accent color also. Just curious what I cost you to do that .
If I had a white mach-e, I would do either black or navy stripes with a grabber blue pinstripe and grabber blue calipers. Just love the color combos. Really makes the car stand out. ;)

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Since I'm sure everyone that has a front plate knows that the front holder doesn't really allow for a frame and it looks kinda not finished if just the bare front plate is in the holder. I found this cheap black silicone plate frame that actually fits just perfect inside the stock holder. Really gives it a finished feel and even has plugs for the bottom plate holes so it just works. Best $10 https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...aign=20220312_A_ET_TX_SDDOFD&utm_content=ITEM

P.S. Gotta say it looks better in person. The camera picked up on weird reflections. I could never get my frame to sit flush on the holder, this looks much cleaner. Helps that my plate is black, but still finishes the look.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best cheap accessory for all those that have the stock license plate holder!!! Must have! 20220312_101740
I like this look better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best cheap accessory for all those that have the stock license plate holder!!! Must have! 20210912_144855 (2)

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Yeah he’s totally biased - 8” stripes are where it’s at ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I bought a pair of them from Amazon. One is on my rear plate to protect the bumper from the plate. The other is taking up space. ???

476A700B-F2E4-4F74-847F-ACB399A0762F.jpeg

70387BEB-B8B9-4D8C-84BD-F12C39C41B9A.jpeg

OP
OP
Lynsey

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like this look better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best cheap accessory for all those that have the stock license plate holder!!! Must have! 70387BEB-B8B9-4D8C-84BD-F12C39C41B9A
Well for those that have the brackets installed it works perfect. Not sure I'm sold on the decal yet. Plus now that my car is ceramic coated, not sure it's worth filling the holes, and starting again. I'm good with the $10 quick fix. Makes more sense with my stripes.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Well for those that have the brackets installed it works perfect. Not sure I'm sold on the decal yet. Plus now that my car is ceramic coated, not sure it's worth filling the holes, and starting again. I'm good with the $10 quick fix. Makes more sense with my stripes.
I had the bracket installed. I did not fill in the holes. If you look closely you can see where the holes are. But it's clearly not visible enough at first glance.
Sponsored