Best dealer for service in NOVA?

JayBonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Has anyone had a good/great service experience in NOVA (or DC metro more generally)? I've seen several threads describing poor experiences, and I'm trying to identify a dealer to fix a leaking rear liftgate. I suspect it's related to this TSB, but not certain - https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...iftgate-built-on-or-before-01-july-2021.9572/

I'm currently debating between Ourisman in Alexandria (purchasing dealership) or Sheehy in Springfield (good service experiences with a previous car). Disinclined to use Koons based on a prior experience.

Any words of wisdom from DC/NOVA folks? Thanks!
Sponsored

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Either Ted Britt location (Chantilly or Fairfax). Been using them for sales and service for almost 8 years and haven't had an issue once. They're both EV certified and take their jobs seriously.

iam-s-Hon

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MME Premium AWD ER Iconic Silver
Country flag
Has anyone had a good/great service experience in NOVA (or DC metro more generally)? I've seen several threads describing poor experiences, and I'm trying to identify a dealer to fix a leaking rear liftgate. I suspect it's related to this TSB, but not certain - https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...iftgate-built-on-or-before-01-july-2021.9572/

I'm currently debating between Ourisman in Alexandria (purchasing dealership) or Sheehy in Springfield (good service experiences with a previous car). Disinclined to use Koons based on a prior experience.

Any words of wisdom from DC/NOVA folks? Thanks!
I had a positive (i.e. no issues) visit for my 10k service plus some TSB updates (PaaK + another) in spring at Ourisman. I'm frequently in Alexandria so it's pretty convenient for me. My only nit.: I forgot to tell them "no wash"- that's on me- and they washed it. But, then parked it under spring trees shedding pollen. I declined the rewash.

I had a poor experience at Koons Annapolis Collision Center. I can't speak to their Service Dept, tho, but it's not nearly as convenient for me at present so I'm not inclined to go there.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I’ll say that Ted Britt Chantilly is good when you can get in. Had to wait 3 weeks to get my state inspection and 10k service done, also you’re better off scheduling with an advisor. Called in one time and said I had a concern with the high voltage battery system and the person on the other end asked if it was my engine having trouble… after that I go in and speak with the advisor. Charles was great for my last appointmen!

BK2EV

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MachE AWD Premium ER, 2015 Challenger Hellcat
Country flag
We've been using Ted Britt Chantilly for a long, long time and they have always been good to us.

OP
OP

JayBonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thanks, folks! Sounds like Ted Britt for me. I'll update with a post-service readout.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I’ve had good service at Koons Ford Silver Spring.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Either Ted Britt locations are fantastic. I’ll also toss in Koons Ford in Sterling. Best overall dealership experience.

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
I’ve had good experiences at Koons Ford in Falls Church, on our ICE and hybrid Fords. Body shop too.

OP
OP

JayBonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Thanks to everyone who replied. Closing the loop on this:
  • I had the service performed at Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax.
  • They did a great job. Early drop off, and both service items - liftgate water leak and HVB software recall update - were finished by the end of the day.
  • Great communication throughout.
Three notes that might be helpful to others:
  • When I booked the service, the dealer stated that they only provided loaners for customers who purchased their cars at Ted Britt. Never run into this before, and I understand loaners are scarce these days. A bummer, but not insurmountable.
  • My car is outside the build date range for the liftgate leak TSB, but nonetheless had a major leak issue. The repair appears to be identical to the TSB fix - seal the brake light assemblies. If you're getting rivers of water from the liftgate handle, button, and latch, take it in even if you're outside the date range!
  • The recall is still showing in my Ford app as of today, but I assume that notice will disappear at some point when my car (or FRDS) signals the app.
Thanks again - really appreciate the feedback.

thewraith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FD RX7(2J)/'21 Mach E GTP/'65 'stang, '22 BMW X5
Country flag
I have an appt this coming tuesday for the hvjb failure. Wish me luck, tedd britt fairfax..

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Try Molloy Ford (formerly Jerry's Ford) on Little River Turnpike in North Alexandria. I'd stay away from Koons Ford of Falls Church - personal experience.
Sponsored