Best hashtags for the Key FOB Conundrum...

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So, early adopter bumps aside, seriously what is the problem with PaaK? You have your phone with you. It is your key. Instead of needing to push a button on a fob, your worst case is...pull out your phone and make sure BT is on (and if it was, by that time, the car is unlocked...).
I honestly think most of the PaaK hate is misplaced. Mine has had issues also, but oh dang I had to push 5 numbers and type a password to drive my car that one time. New tech on top of new tech on top of new tech...give it a few weeks. Take a deep breath. Enjoy the drive.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
So, early adopter bumps aside, seriously what is the problem with PaaK? You have your phone with you. It is your key. Instead of needing to push a button on a fob, your worst case is...pull out your phone and make sure BT is on (and if it was, by that time, the car is unlocked...).
I honestly think most of the PaaK hate is misplaced. Mine has had issues also, but oh dang I had to push 5 numbers and type a password to drive my car that one time. New tech on top of new tech on top of new tech...give it a few weeks. Take a deep breath. Enjoy the drive.
People expect this to be perfect right out of the gate. I get it, but it's unreasonable. I think we're still in the 10k cars have been produced range for something that is 100% brand new to Ford. It's just people being entitled and not understanding how technology works and that it will take some time to work out the kinks

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Because more than one person has been literally unable to set up PAAk even on phones quite capable, and there are reports of PAAK not working at all when out of cell coverage. In the first case, no PAAK means no codes and in the second case, you'd better have memorized the entry and start codes.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
In the roughly 40 or so days that I have had my car ... I think twice I had to reset Bluetooth on the phone. Every other time PaaK works great. I don't take my physical fob with me.

FordPass *does* need to be open to use PaaK.

My other half wanted an extra fob to program as a myKey for valet-parking reasons. The car doesn't actually *need* a valet key because it generates a keyless entry code and keyless start code (and messages to the FordPass app and emails you with those codes just in case your valet didn't record the numbers). But my other half expects the valet will probably be confused and until they get used to how these cars work and see more cars with PaaK ... he thought it'd be easier to just have the spare key (and you don't want to program an 'admin' key as a 'myKey' unless you have another 'admin' key). So while I do have a spare key-fob ... I don't use it. I just use PaaK.

Cricri67

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME First Edition (cancelled), Ioniq 5 Project 45
Country flag

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
In the roughly 40 or so days that I have had my car ... I think twice I had to reset Bluetooth on the phone. Every other time PaaK works great. I don't take my physical fob with me.

FordPass *does* need to be open to use PaaK.

My other half wanted an extra fob to program as a myKey for valet-parking reasons. The car doesn't actually *need* a valet key because it generates a keyless entry code and keyless start code (and messages to the FordPass app and emails you with those codes just in case your valet didn't record the numbers). But my other half expects the valet will probably be confused and until they get used to how these cars work and see more cars with PaaK ... he thought it'd be easier to just have the spare key (and you don't want to program an 'admin' key as a 'myKey' unless you have another 'admin' key). So while I do have a spare key-fob ... I don't use it. I just use PaaK.
It doesn't even have to be open to use it. You just have to tell your phone not to put the FordPass app to sleep so it can continue to monitor the bluetooth connection in the background. But, then it drains the battery on your phone like crazy.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
#fobgate
#FobbyMcFobGate