Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Because there aren’t enough positive threads around here….
Because I don’t care about my resale price on a depreciating asset….
Because no car I’ve ever owned had the speedometer in the center of the dash….
Because I understand the cold temperatures make chemical reactions less effiicient….
And because I haven’t posted anything here in a while….

Here is my car in the snow
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best snow vehicle ever IMG_5314

I’ve always done well with my GT/PE in the snow(even though I go against the well shared “wisdom” and use one pedal and unbridled). I bought Blizzaks the day after I brought it home a couple years ago and they provide great snow traction. But the story that really sealed it happened last week.

We were having quite the snow and wind storm here east of Lake Ontario. The snow band was over the house and dumping 3” per hour of snow with a 30 MPH wind. The school called and said the busses couldn’t get through the band and could only get the kids to a small town 8 miles north of the house. The fire department was open there as a warming shelter for people that had lost power so the kids would be there whenever us parents could collect them.

I hopped in the car and off I went. Traction was fine with the snow tires on. I had no problem getting through snow drifts on the back roads. The one thing I did find is that the the aerodynamic nose and hood also is directs snow up over the top of the car. Hitting a deep enough drift completely obliterates view through the windshield. I had to keep the speed down to make sure I could see where I was going.

So in short, a giant school bus, sitting up high to see over the snow banks, with large tires to get through snow drifts, couldn’t do it. But the Mach-E is a snow champ. With full time AWD and a well balanced weight distribution, it’s a better option than my F-150. While I can put the truck in 4WD, its weight is still mostly up front and it tends to want to lose traction on the back tires. Bonus points for the Mach-E being bright green, making it easy to find in the snow if I did get stuck in a ditch somewhere.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best snow vehicle ever IMG_5317

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
A friend with a '22 says it's great in the snow, too. We have had so little here that I have not had the opportunity to find out for myself. I'm sure I will before winter is over!

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I love the lime green! Definitely a good color to make the car easier to find.

My CR1 is doing well in snow and acceptably on icy roads, even still on stock tires, though I probably will get either snow tires or all weather ones next year (considering all weather since we keep getting stray days in the mid-40s every 1-2 weeks in Maine this winter).

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Best thread I've ever woken up to Rod! Too much doom and gloom around here sometimes. Great to hear the car does well in the snow (snow tires a must in your case). It's always good to see photos of your lime green GTPE even if it is mostly covered in the white stuff. 😊

Last edited:

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Rod - as always looking good dear sir, especially in the snow and loving the positive motivational thread! 👍

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Awesome. My experience with the stock all-seasons has been fine; it'll get around in light snow. But it's good to know that dedicated winters make it a veritable snow cat in conditions like that :). If we ever start getting actual winters again, I'll pick up a set. I used to run Winterforce tires on my old Mustang.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best snow vehicle ever IMG_5373
Totally agree Rod! Doing a little bath time after my snow time fun in Des Moines. The Pony gallops just fine in the snow!

Yesterday was the day around here. Temp was 35 so the water hit water I hauled from the bathtub to the garage didn’t feeeze on the floor.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Awesome. My experience with the stock all-seasons has been fine; it'll get around in light snow. But it's good to know that dedicated winters make it a veritable snow cat in conditions like that :). If we ever start getting actual winters again, I'll pick up a set. I used to run Winterforce tires on my old Mustang.
Wife has Goodyear Winter Command snow tires and does very well except for the ice storms we’ve been getting. But even my Blizzaks had me sliding into curbs with the last ice storm.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Because I understand the cold temperatures make chemical reactions less effiicient….

I’ve always done well with my GT/PE in the snow(even though I go against the well shared “wisdom” and use one pedal and unbridled). I bought Blizzaks the day after I brought it home a couple years ago and they provide great snow traction. But the story that really sealed it happened last week.

We were having quite the snow and wind storm here east of Lake Ontario. The snow band was over the house and dumping 3” per hour of snow with a 30 MPH wind. The school called and said the busses couldn’t get through the band and could only get the kids to a small town 8 miles north of the house. The fire department was open there as a warming shelter for people that had lost power so the kids would be there whenever us parents could collect them.

I hopped in the car and off I went. Traction was fine with the snow tires on. I had no problem getting through snow drifts on the back roads. The one thing I did find is that the the aerodynamic nose and hood also is directs snow up over the top of the car. Hitting a deep enough drift completely obliterates view through the windshield. I had to keep the speed down to make sure I could see where I was going.

So in short, a giant school bus, sitting up high to see over the snow banks, with large tires to get through snow drifts, couldn’t do it. But the Mach-E is a snow champ. With full time AWD and a well balanced weight distribution, it’s a better option than my F-150. While I can put the truck in 4WD, its weight is still mostly up front and it tends to want to lose traction on the back tires. Bonus points for the Mach-E being bright green, making it easy to find in the snow if I did get stuck in a ditch somewhere.

We love it, Rod! Love to see the positivity and that is a stunning Mach-E!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Wife has Goodyear Winter Command snow tires and does very well except for the ice storms we’ve been getting. But even my Blizzaks had me sliding into curbs with the last ice storm.
When there's ice, only studded will do. That's one reason I like the Winterforces; they're stud-ready. And also they're cheaper :D

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

I will echo my positive experiences in the snow with the MME. I have driven many different vehicles on many miles of ice/snow.... and have to say that the MME is among the best. The weight, balance, and AWD are fabulous for the snow; only limitation is if there is more than 8" of 'thick' snow there is a risk of high centering or breaking the front louver plastic.

The AWD combined with the ability to moderate torque to prevent breaking loose (on accelleration or braking) by using 1-p is a real asset if you have a steady foot. I also drive 1-p unbridled all the time.

My choice of tires is only slightly different. I have Vredestien Wintrac Pros on my stock wheels.

My recent trip from Santa Fe up to Boulder started in a pretty wild snowstorm, and the MME did great.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best snow vehicle ever 20240104_03 dashcam i-25

The guy in the Rivian was scared to death sliding all over the road....

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best snow vehicle ever 20240104_04 with a rivian