Best way to remove dealer "Sticker"/ badge?

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Picked up my car today and noticed the dealer decal on the tailgate. My salesperson said we’ll be happy to remove it because they just slap it on when it arrives. So before I left they took it in the back and removed it no questions asked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PeeCee

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
Picked up my car today and noticed the dealer decal on the tailgate. My salesperson said we’ll be happy to remove it because they just slap it on when it arrives. So before I left they took it in the back and removed it no questions asked.
Yeah, that's what I should have done, but I was just too happy to pick up my car and go drive it :D

I still haven't removed it, waiting for warmer weather up here in Canada then I'll try the hair blower technique.

57 Cohibas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 Cabriolet, Mach E Premium SR RWD ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hair Dryer and go slow, not too much direct heat. Should come right off.
Used this technique on other vehicles I've owned. Just need to enough heat to get the adhesive tacky. Follow up with Goo Gone.

jdk22

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, First Edition rapid red
Occupation
retired (it's great)
Country flag
The best option is to request that your dealer not install it to begin with. That's what I did and my dealer honored my request.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Plate frames don’t bother me. They look better than bare plates, and they are easily swapped or removed without damaging the paint. Stickers, on the other hand… I once told a dealer that I would not take delivery of a vehicle if it had a sticker on it anywhere. My sales person laughed and said “yeah, we don’t put stickers on the cars, people get really mad.
Sponsored