Better seats?

Lebba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat, Mach-e AWD LR (maybe)
Country flag
Is there a possibility that Ford will offer a package better front seats (and back seats for that matter)?
I tried it today, no test drive, but indoors at a dealership in Norway.
The front seats can be order with 8-way powered seats. They are really 6-way, since there is no tilt and the lumbar does not count in my book. The lumbar support is only two-way (in-out, not up-down). There is little side support. The seats also feels squishy and have no thigh extension.
From my point of view Ford have to to better. This is probably the reason I will cancel my reservation, unless Ford realizes that they have to offer a package with better seats, at least 12-ways speaking Ford language.
What are the odds for this happening?
Sponsored

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is there a possibility that Ford will offer a package better front seats (and back seats for that matter)?
I tried it today, no test drive, but indoors at a dealer in Norway.
The front seats can be order with 8-way powered seats. They are really 6-way, since there is no tilt and the lumbar does not count in my book. The lumbar support is only two-way (in-out, not up-down). There is little side support. The seats also feels squishy and have no thigh extension.
From my point of view Ford have to to better. This is probably the reason I will cancel my reservation, unless Ford realizes that they have to offer a package with better seats, at least 12-ways speaking Ford language.
The GT and GT Performance seats are different. But I seriously doubt they have the adjustments you're wanting.

Chances of these seat capabilities changing in the next 2 years? Slim to none.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I tried it today, no test drive, but indoors at a dealer in Norway.
nope, you can only put so much tech in with so much of a budget.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
there is no tilt
By tilt, do you mean the ability to adjust the height of the front half and back half of the seat separately?

That's not a surprise, the order guide says "8-way power passenger fore/aft, up/down, power lumbar, power recline". It's not something I'm concerned about. I'm more concerned about headrest, and mach-e Premium has 4-way adjustable head rest, which is perfect.

If that's something that matters to you, it would be unfortunate. And I understand that this kind of thing can be a deal breaker.

OP
OP

Lebba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
nope, you can only put so much tech in with so much of a budget.
Ok, but it is just not good enough for the European market.
By tilt, do you mean the ability to adjust the height of the front half and back half of the seat separately?

That's not a surprise, the order guide says "8-way power passenger fore/aft, up/down, power lumbar, power recline". It's not something I'm concerned about. I'm more concerned about headrest, and mach-e Premium has 4-way adjustable head rest, which is perfect.

If that's something that matters to you, it would be unfortunate. And I understand that this kind of thing can be a deal breaker.
It did not see that when I ordered. I never saw anything but 8-way (in Norwegian language). I figured this out later by googling. In some Norwegian Mach-e Facebook groups the seats has been a real deal breaker for several people.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP

Lebba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The ski hatch is a joke. It is way to small. Even though I ski as often as I can I would not pay for something like that. If you need space for 4 persons, there is no way skis for 4 persons would fit.
True. Probably only enough for 1-2 downhill or 3 XC.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Actually, I was slightly surprised and disappointed on the seat adjustments as well. My 2018 escape titanium seats have the adjustments described. While I understand the need to hit a cost bogey, I am surprised that something as common as 12-way power seats would have to be the one thing to go. To be honest, I’d trade the pano glass roof, or wireless charging for the seats. Or at least they could have made them an option (they gray trimmed steering wheel and 12-way power seat package for an additional $500 ?)

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Doesn't appear different than the function on the regular Mustang, 6 way with lumber adjustment.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Doesn't appear different than the function on the regular Mustang, 6 way with lumber adjustment.
My 2015 has tilt front/back, but honestly that just makes it harder to get in the position I like after a valet messes with it.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Actually, the Mustang Premium Convertible that I had in Palm Springs this year had 12-way VENTILATED seats - very nice in the desert!

Gitboxdre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Expedition EL, 2018 Expedition Limited
Country flag
I tried it today, no test drive, but indoors at a dealership in Norway.
This is kind of an issue for me too, I’m hoping one day we will at least get the option.

After driving a couple of different Mach E loaners for a total of about a week, I realized that pushing my seat back further than I usually do and telescoping the steering wheel further out makes a big difference in comfort, without the thigh support I wish it had. Without the telescoping wheel, though, I would probably be crushed to admit I’d have to pass on the MME. So I feel ya.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
You can ask an upholsterer to add some foam to the side of the seats that will greatly improve the side support. I have had this done in the past to an Audi, costs only 200 euro's for 2 Seats and you can have it tailored to you...

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
you can replace front seats completely with your choice of aftermarket... but be aware that the floor bracket for the Mach-e is completely different than previous Mustangs, and may not be available aftermarket 'for a while'. The floor bracket in the stock seat is 'highly integrated', and not designed to accept a universal framed aftermarket seat.

You *could* also get the stock seats re-upolstered.... retaining the frame, motors, etc, but custom fitting the foam and choosing a cover material you prefer.

The other thing to be aware of is that (at least in US) the side airbag is in the seat, not the door pillar. So you may have to either live with no side airbag, or choose a seat that has one built in.
Sponsored