mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I swear, I had no idea I was going that fast.

I am looking for an excuse to drive my new, awesome, MME. My wife said she needs a few things from the grocery store, so I am in! This is what happened. If you don't have your MME yet, you have no idea how much fun and trouble you can have!!!

If you have Life360, it is great for keeping track of your family. But those trip reports keep you watching the speed!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Beware! Life360 will rat you out! 1636593109040
Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

I am looking for an excuse to drive my new, awesome, MME. My wife said she needs a few things from the grocery store, so I am in! This is what happened. If you don't have your MME yet, you have no idea how much fun and trouble you can have!!!

If you have Life360, it is great for keeping track of your family. But those trip reports keep you watching the speed!

Move to CenTex and take the 80-85mph Toll roads to the nearest H-E-B. Problem solved. ?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

You better not serve those chicken breasts to anyone else. ?

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Move to CenTex and take the 80-85mph Toll roads to the nearest H-E-B. Problem solved. ?
That is a fun road to blasting down. Freaked my wife out when I think I took us up to 90 mph. The Mach E is so damn smooth at 90

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No electronic leash for me; if she wants to criticize my driving she'll have to scream it while hanging on for dear life and watching her life flash before her eyes! ?

Last edited:

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No electronic leash for me; if she wants to criticize my driving she'll have to scream it while hanging on for dear life and watching her life flash before her eyes!
I think you might have to adjust your manliness if you want a long marriage. You know the saying: happy wife, happy life!

I used to regularly exceed 90 mph. Then came Life360. Now I am a good boy. Mostly...

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think you might have to adjust your manliness if you want a long marriage. You know the saying: happy wife, happy life!
Together 38 years, and married 33 years as of September 4th :).

"Yes, dear" doesn't extend to her knowing how I drive when she's not in the car ?

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Almost as if ubiquitous surveillance is not everything its cracked up to be… Call me old fashioned but my wife and I just trust each other and call it a day.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
That is a fun road to blasting down. Freaked my wife out when I think I took us up to 90 mph. The Mach E is so damn smooth at 90
Lol 90. I’ll have my wife’s 4X pegged at 114 first time I get on the 130 Toll in the 80 or 85 section with no traffic. It’s not like it’s a GT that only pulls hard for 5 seconds at a time ??

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
How is this new I love when I got airport it shows 15+ events of 100+mph. Mad about 81 in 60 you def can't be living in Midwest that is the normal speed

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Need more clarification on the "Popcorn"? Are we talking Skinny Pop, Kettle Corn, Cheddar or something you throw in the mircrowave? And for those of us in GA we go for the Vidalia onions!!! LOL

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Need more clarification on the "Popcorn"? Are we talking Skinny Pop, Kettle Corn, Cheddar or something you throw in the mircrowave? And for those of us in GA we go for the Vidalia onions!!! LOL
Skinny Pop! Just tried it a couple months ago and it is really good. The best microwave popcorn I have had.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How is this new I love when I got airport it shows 15+ events of 100+mph. Mad about 81 in 60 you def can't be living in Midwest that is the normal speed
The max speed limit on the highways here is currently 70 mph. The men in blue will give you a reckless driving ticket if you exceed 80 mph, even in a 70 zone. But the main reason I keep it closer to the limit set by our almighty government is because I made a promise to my wife that I would stop speeding like I used to.

There is a little bit of envy when one of you guys blow by me when I am poking along at 78, but it passes. And as I have found, going 78 will kill your EV efficiency. I had all climate off, set the cruise for 78, and was getting around 2.6 miles per kWh. Turn on the heat and I bet I would be around 2.0. Not good for long drives, for sure.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost as if ubiquitous surveillance is not everything its cracked up to be… Call me old fashioned but my wife and I just trust each other and call it a day.
Like a great man once said, "trust but verify". Regardless, we signed up for Life360 because of our kids. Now they are almost out of the house so soon we won't need it for them, but I bet it stays on our phones. I do like knowing where she is and if she is safe. Or being able to figure out when she will be home without needing to text her. And I have it tied into our home automation system so when Life360 detects we are almost home (and it is after sunset), my home automation system turns on all our exterior lights. I really like that.
Sponsored