Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I'm not sure those headlight paint issues are due to pressure washing..I'm thinking it has more to do with how the bumper or headlights were installed and if they rubbed. Not sure either way...but the good news is it's fairly inconspicuous an area for touching up.
Sponsored

zog

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I was at Ford today and took a picture of the headlight on a 22 GTPE.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BEWARE  of the paint on the GT 20220530_154529

Comparing it to my Job 2 21 GTPE:

Ford Mustang Mach-E BEWARE  of the paint on the GT front_2

I really can't tell any difference so I think this is how it looks and I can't see that it has been rubbed in either of them. Perhaps you have just been unlucky ?

In case you wonder, yes I have a treatment on it, Ditec Ceramic Ultra to make it shine and keep that look longer.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Good thing I have a Premium on order, no paint worries!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Iā€™ve had that happen on two different cars, and in both cases, it was an area that was repainted after the original factory paint. In the first case, I had been in a small accident, it was repainted, and about a year later when I washed it, the paint came off just like that in about a six inch patch. The second time, my car was brand new. First owner. Paint came right off the bumper. I called the dealership, and they couldnā€™t see me, so I took it to a body shop myself to get an estimate to just do it myself. The body shop called me fairly quickly and said ā€œwell, since this has been in an accident, they canā€™t hold it up as warranty work.ā€ Iā€™m like, ā€œWhat accident?ā€ They said, ā€œThe back side of the bumper is covered in body putty, and itā€™s not even the right kind. This bumper hit something and was put back together by someone who doesnā€™t have a clue what they were doing, and then it was repainted.ā€

So, it does make me wonder if maybe it was damaged in transit or something and the dealership did a quick paint job to cover it up before they rolled it out the door to you. It wouldnā€™t show up on Carfax, either. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
I'm not sure those headlight paint issues are due to pressure washing..I'm thinking it has more to do with how the bumper or headlights were installed and if they rubbed. Not sure either way...but the good news is it's fairly inconspicuous an area for touching up.
Fair commenr. Ford is fixing mine under warranty. Shop said it is most likely that the headlights were installed wrong and need adjustment.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Agree with this completely. The paint is designed to withstand high pressure water. Whether itā€™s a good idea or not is debatable but OPā€™s paint shouldnā€™t have peeled like that. Thatā€™s a surface prep problem in the paint process or incorrect plastic part being painted in error.

Hopefully they repair it without too much trouble.
Sponsored