Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
Hi All, Anyone experience a black powder on the rear window and deck of their mach-e? It's not dirt, only appears on the rear of the car. Could this be brake dust? anyone else get this?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I gather black dust on the back of my car. It is most visible when I am squeegeeing off the rear window, as it concentrates in the runoff process. It is worse on my Blazer (larger particles adhere to the hatch). The reason for the adherencce of the particles is the low pressure area caused during forward motion. This is why station wagons in the ā€˜60s and ā€˜70s had air deflectors positioned to blow air on the rear window, to reduce the amount of particulate collection and enhance rear visibility. ??

Oh, and the composition of the dust is just general road dust. Due to the shape of the car larger dirt particles donā€™t tend to want to stick to those surfaces, but the finer particles do. Among those smaller particles is worn tire rubber. ??

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Hi All, Anyone experience a black powder on the rear window and deck of their mach-e? It's not dirt, only appears on the rear of the car. Could this be brake dust? anyone else get this?
Do you park inside or outside? Does your car get dewy in the mornings or has it rained recently?

With the shape of the MachE I collect pollen/dirt on my rear window and rear decklid. Itā€™s always the dirtiest part of my car.

OP
OP
Bobbafett

Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
I gather black dust on the back of my car. It is most visible when I am squeegeeing off the rear window, as it concentrates in the runoff process. It is worse on my Blazer (larger particles adhere to the hatch). The reason for the adherencce of the particles is the low pressure area caused during forward motion. This is why station wagons in the ā€˜60s and ā€˜70s had air deflectors positioned to blow air on the rear window, to reduce the amount of particulate collection and enhance rear visibility. ??

Oh, and the composition of the dust is just general road dust. Due to the shape of the car larger dirt particles donā€™t tend to want to stick to those surfaces, but the finer particles do. Among those smaller particles is worn tire rubber. ??
[/QUOTE

OP
OP
Bobbafett

Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
Thanks for the comment. Makes sense, my Mach is white so it seems like itā€™s always there. A small annoyance.?

OP
OP
Bobbafett

Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
Do you park inside or outside? Does your car get dewy in the mornings or has it rained recently?

With the shape of the MachE I collect pollen/dirt on my rear window and rear decklid. Itā€™s always the dirtiest part of my car.
I park in a garage, I just never saw this before and never owned a white car before. Thanks for the reply!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Owning a white car means it is always dirty. I only buy Ruby Red / Rapid Red vehicles.

OP
OP
Bobbafett

Bobbafett

First Name
Bobba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache AWD 68kwh
Country flag
Oh man....Another reason to develop hovercraft technology.

PaulP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Could this be brake dust?
This is my second white car and it is always dirty (I bought from the lot, so I took what was available then, it wasn't my first choice because of that). When it's clean, it's a nice color, but it's hard to keep clean. Talking about brake or rail dust, in a year or two, you will start to notice orange specks on the white paint of your car, caused by small metal particles landing on your car. I use Carpro's Iron X to remove them, it has the smell of a skunk but it works great.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
Owning a white car means it is always dirty. I only buy Ruby Red / Rapid Red vehicles.
I would have never thought of red as hiding dirt, usually thatā€™s reserved for gray cars.
space white does a great job at blending in dirt with the gray tint. Just a couple feet away and you canā€™t even tell.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Heh, my white cars never looked as dirty as my black ones. ??ā€ā™‚?