Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
My MME is garaged but I get dust from the concrete floor. If left outside I’d get pollen instead. Can’t win.

e-pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Extended Star White
Country flag
Dirtiest part of the mach e is the rear window and liftgate. Is there a deflector or spoiler available?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Sully11740

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium (on order)
Country flag
Owning a white car means it is always dirty. I only buy Ruby Red / Rapid Red vehicles.
I've owned several white cars; they "hide" dirt MUCH better than dark cars. No idea on how well Red cars handle the time between washes. I believe Silver is best for looking clean the longest.

ElleD

First Name
Elle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium SR RWD; 2010 Subaru Outback
Country flag
It is particulate fallout of everything imaginable. In some studies as much as 20% is for worn tires.
Here is one such article;
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pmc/articles/PMC5664766/
This is interesting and I wonder if it is the answer to my question. I hope the OP doesn’t mind my asking it here. I was searching for a discussion of black very fine particulates, like black graphite. My Dark Matter Grey MME was transported to me from Connecticut to South Florida, and it was cleaned before it was put on the transporter by the Connecticut dealer. I didn’t expect it to stay pristine, but I was surprised by the amount of these very fine black particles, primarily on the hood of the car. It’s like I sharpened a charcoal pencil and tossed the particles on the hood.

I am researching the safest way to wash my MME, would appreciate suggestions on products. Maybe one of the Adams foam shampoos? I’m worried that these particles are abrasive, so maybe a foam cannon? I have a pressure washer somewhere, need to dig it out of storage and see if it can be used to wash a car. Using the three bucket/grit guard method. That’s all I’ve learned, thanks to many YouTube videos, and I suspect I’ve learned just enough to be dangerous to my new baby. Think I’ll practice on my 12 year old Outback first. Poor baby.

Thanks,
Elle
Sponsored