Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
My car has a developed a very annoying bug. When I remote start the car using FordPass, then go get in the car and start it, the center screen does not turn on. It remains blacked out but still functional (I can change the volume, channels, etc. by touching the screen). I've had to resort to the steering wheel button combo to reboot the screen (sometimes multiple times) to get it to turn on. With the cold weather, I remote start the car every day, so this bug has become a constant annoyance.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Have you tried rotating your headlight knob to the off position and back to the Auto position? It fixes a screen brightness issue and a couple other screen issues. ??

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you tried rotating your headlight knob to the off position and back to the Auto position? It fixes a screen brightness issue and a couple other screen issues. ??
Interesting idea... I'll try it tomorrow.

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company

Mine does this too. I usually need to reboot the screen 50% of the time. It's annoying. I'm hoping that ford has this on their bug list and it will be fixed with their next update.
You are both in the midst of an update to 1.7.1. This goes away on its own once the update is fully installed, but essentially for the time being some of the updated parameters cause issue with brightness on the older software. The workaround is to rotate the headlight selector knob or increase brightness with physical keys.

But this is a temporary issue that will go away on it's own after the OTA update is fully applied.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are both in the midst of an update to 1.7.1. This goes away on its own once the update is fully installed, but essentially for the time being some of the updated parameters cause issue with brightness on the older software. The workaround is to rotate the headlight selector knob or increase brightness with physical keys.

But this is a temporary issue that will go away on it's own after the OTA update is fully applied.
Not possible. I have a GT built in late September, so I don’t have any OTA updates even available to install.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My car has a developed a very annoying bug. When I remote start the car using FordPass, then go get in the car and start it, the center screen does not turn on. It remains blacked out but still functional (I can change the volume, channels, etc. by touching the screen). I've had to resort to the steering wheel button combo to reboot the screen (sometimes multiple times) to get it to turn on. With the cold weather, I remote start the car every day, so this bug has become a constant annoyance.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium Ext AWD, 2019 Chevy Traverse RS
Country flag
I'm currently at the dealer for this exact issue. I've loved this car, but this issue is untenable. Paak is occasionally flaky, which is bad enough already, but the password option is supposed to be the backup failsafe when I'm without the fob. When the screen won't turn on, not only can you not enter the password, but the screen reset (hold volume down/right on the steering wheel) doesn't work.

I'll follow up if they have a solution. I'm curious if anyone else in this thread has resolved it?

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium Ext AWD, 2019 Chevy Traverse RS
Country flag
After an hour and a half at the dealer...software update.

They said the OTA I got on 2/14 was corrupt. They're hoping that resolves the intermittent black screen issue. Fingers crossed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I'm currently at the dealer for this exact issue. I've loved this car, but this issue is untenable. Paak is occasionally flaky, which is bad enough already, but the password option is supposed to be the backup failsafe when I'm without the fob. When the screen won't turn on, not only can you not enter the password, but the screen reset (hold volume down/right on the steering wheel) doesn't work.

I'll follow up if they have a solution. I'm curious if anyone else in this thread has resolved it?
Hi there! Can you send us a PM with your VIN and Ford dealership information? I’d be happy to look into this Mach-E concern on my end.
Sponsored