WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
I just brought home an infinite blue Mach-E, California Route 1 Edition this past weekend. Woohoo!

Originally, I ordered a Mach-E Premium in silver, light interior, RWD w/ Extended Range. It was built and shipped out back in January, and was slated for arrival on March 2. Well, the evening of March 1, I received an email far too many of us are familiar with by now -- it was delayed till the end of the month to "ensure complete satisfaction."

By now, like so many of you, I'd been waiting since the original announcement back in 2019...and being told the day before it'd be a little longer...you know how it feels!

Frustrated, I decided to check out the Mach-Es on the lot at Sunnyvale Ford (the dealership I was going through, and have liked for a long time). There weren't any spec'd exactly how I ordered mine, but I was lucky to come across this infinite blue California Route 1 model. It appealed to me because it was the one with maximum range. Just about all the other ones were AWD, which are cool...I just wanted the max range RWD spec.

Having done my research beforehand, I knew there were a few features missing between this trim and the Premium I ordered, and that made me initially reluctant to test drive it and "risk" falling for it because it would've been the first time I'd drive a Mach-E and I tend to rationalize things to get something sooner than I need (some of you oit there know what I mean, I'm sure!).

But something was calling... The sales rep told me I could test drive it for as long as I wanted (I didn't take that to mean overnight, but definitely not the short drives they usually offered pre pandemic). He said it was an important decision, so I could take the time I needed. I took it out for just over an hour, taking it on a typical drive we do...and I even brought it home just to have a relaxed time studying all the details, checking out the interior details, the sound of the stereo, etc.

Well, I loved it...and it was cool to take it home because I wanted to see how it would fit in the garage since ours is too low to have our Volvo suv have its hatch go all the way up. Because the CA Route 1 has the manual liftgate, I wanted to see if that would be an issue. Unfortunately it would hit the garage door (I didn't let it).

But going back to just how it looked, I fell in love with the whole package -- the color, the blacked out aero wheels, the dark interior, and even the individual trim pieces on the inside and outside that were slightly different from the one I ordered. Heck, I even liked the thread patten design on the seats!

I was hooked... I started to think, what would I really miss between this and the one I ordered, and it really came down to the heated seats/steering wheel and the power liftgate. My wife was skeptical giving those up too since both of us had gotten so used to those on our other cars.

A couple days later, I saw that another Mach-E in infinite blue, premium trim arrived, RWD, extended battery...pretty much what I ordered, even down to the light interior, but in this blue I fell for.

I liked it a lot, and it's a wonderful awesome car I would've been ecstatic with, as I would have with the silver one I ordered. And deal-wise, I was obviously fine with the price because it's what I originally planned for.

But I just loved the entire package of the CA Route 1...the look inside and out... I remember when the launch event happened, I even liked the "idea" of a California Route 1 model, living in California myself.

I would've been happy either way, but I had to go with where my heart was... At the end of the day, I ended up planning for cushions I could put on our garage door so the manual liftgate wouldn't be an issue... And everything I read about preconditioning at scheduled times took care of not having heated seats/steering wheel. Yes it's California, and while it's relative, it still can feel chilly certain mornings :) And I was perfectly happy, and even impressed with the standard stereo, having compared it to the B&O.

I just feel lucky it worked out the way it did, and in some ways, the delay on my original order led me to this one. Just a couple days in, I couldn't be happier... And my uncle in law, who's had his FE in Grabber Blue for over a month now loved the look when I sent pictures -- he's a car guy too, and he saw what I saw in terms of how I fell for this particular car.

I'm also thankful for the crew at Sunnyvale Ford for making it happen.

I sympathize with everyone who's still waiting...I wish all if you that tremendous joy I felt when you get to pick up yours. Stick with it, it's going to be great!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blessing in Infinite Blue, CA Route 1 Disguise PXL_20210302_221838175~2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blessing in Infinite Blue, CA Route 1 Disguise PXL_20210307_014441612~2

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
If I lived in a more temperate climate, I would have gone for the Cali Rt. 1 myself and in this color. Congrats and enjoy after a long wait.

You can adjust how high the liftgate opens. Page 81 of the Owner's Manual.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I just brought home an infinite blue Mach-E, California Route 1 Edition this past weekend. Woohoo!

Originally, I ordered a Mach-E Premium in silver, light interior, RWD w/ Extended Range. It was built and shipped out back in January, and was slated for arrival on March 2. Well, the evening of March 1, I received an email far too many of us are familiar with by now -- it was delayed till the end of the month to "ensure complete satisfaction."

By now, like so many of you, I'd been waiting since the original announcement back in 2019...and being told the day before it'd be a little longer...you know how it feels!

Frustrated, I decided to check out the Mach-Es on the lot at Sunnyvale Ford (the dealership I was going through, and have liked for a long time). There weren't any spec'd exactly how I ordered mine, but I was lucky to come across this infinite blue California Route 1 model. It appealed to me because it was the one with maximum range. Just about all the other ones were AWD, which are cool...I just wanted the max range RWD spec.

Having done my research beforehand, I knew there were a few features missing between this trim and the Premium I ordered, and that made me initially reluctant to test drive it and "risk" falling for it because it would've been the first time I'd drive a Mach-E and I tend to rationalize things to get something sooner than I need (some of you oit there know what I mean, I'm sure!).

But something was calling... The sales rep told me I could test drive it for as long as I wanted (I didn't take that to mean overnight, but definitely not the short drives they usually offered pre pandemic). He said it was an important decision, so I could take the time I needed. I took it out for just over an hour, taking it on a typical drive we do...and I even brought it home just to have a relaxed time studying all the details, checking out the interior details, the sound of the stereo, etc.

Well, I loved it...and it was cool to take it home because I wanted to see how it would fit in the garage since ours is too low to have our Volvo suv have its hatch go all the way up. Because the CA Route 1 has the manual liftgate, I wanted to see if that would be an issue. Unfortunately it would hit the garage door (I didn't let it).

But going back to just how it looked, I fell in love with the whole package -- the color, the blacked out aero wheels, the dark interior, and even the individual trim pieces on the inside and outside that were slightly different from the one I ordered. Heck, I even liked the thread patten design on the seats!

I was hooked... I started to think, what would I really miss between this and the one I ordered, and it really came down to the heated seats/steering wheel and the power liftgate. My wife was skeptical giving those up too since both of us had gotten so used to those on our other cars.

A couple days later, I saw that another Mach-E in infinite blue, premium trim arrived, RWD, extended battery...pretty much what I ordered, even down to the light interior, but in this blue I fell for.

I liked it a lot, and it's a wonderful awesome car I would've been ecstatic with, as I would have with the silver one I ordered. And deal-wise, I was obviously fine with the price because it's what I originally planned for.

But I just loved the entire package of the CA Route 1...the look inside and out... I remember when the launch event happened, I even liked the "idea" of a California Route 1 model, living in California myself.

I would've been happy either way, but I had to go with where my heart was... At the end of the day, I ended up planning for cushions I could put on our garage door so the manual liftgate wouldn't be an issue... And everything I read about preconditioning at scheduled times took care of not having heated seats/steering wheel. Yes it's California, and while it's relative, it still can feel chilly certain mornings :) And I was perfectly happy, and even impressed with the standard stereo, having compared it to the B&O.

I just feel lucky it worked out the way it did, and in some ways, the delay on my original order led me to this one. Just a couple days in, I couldn't be happier... And my uncle in law, who's had his FE in Grabber Blue for over a month now loved the look when I sent pictures -- he's a car guy too, and he saw what I saw in terms of how I fell for this particular car.

I sympathize with everyone who's still waiting...I wish all if you that tremendous joy I felt when you get to pick up yours. Stick with it, it's going to be great!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blessing in Infinite Blue, CA Route 1 Disguise PXL_20210307_014441612~2

Congrats on making the decision and getting your car. I really love how the IB looks in the second pic. NICE!!!!

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If I lived in a more temperate climate, I would have gone for the Cali Rt. 1 myself and in this color. Congrats and enjoy after a long wait.

You can adjust how high the liftgate opens. Page 81 of the Owner's Manual.
If they'd have just put heated seats and steering wheel (which *helps* range) I'd have bought the Route 1 myself as well. Absolutely baffling that the "Range" trim didn't have range-assisting options.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
That's only for the power liftgate. Doesn't apply to the Rte 1.
The Rt. 1's liftgate is manual but still powered like on my Escape which can have it's opening height changed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The Rt. 1's liftgate is manual but still powered like on my Escape which can have it's opening height changed.
It's manual but powered? How does that work? It doesn't even have the set button, does it?

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag

Use it in good health! {Jonathan}

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker

PXL_20210302_221838175~2.jpg

PXL_20210307_014441612~2.jpg
If I did not have a lucid Red (Rapid Red) on order (27-11-2019) I would prefer a Infinite Blue?

Enjoy the very nice MME?

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
It's manual but powered? How does that work? It doesn't even have the set button, does it?
It has the button to push to activate the electric lift gate like all Mustangs have. It also has the button to close it with which is used to program the desired opening height of the liftgate.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I have the exact same car here in Michigan (yup Michigan) and haven't missed seat heat or the heated steering wheel.

I've found that the materials they've used on the seats and the steering wheel doesn't get that cold.

Yup: I've already got into the car in the morning after it sat outside all night in <0F conditions without preconditioning it. No issues they don't "feel" cold.

Aside from that, yeah, I really love the blacked out wheels with infinite blue. Makes it look like a "stealth car" LOL.

It has the button to push to activate electric lift gate like all Mustangs have. It also has the button to close it with which is used to program the desired opening height if so desired.
No button on ours to adjust the opening height. You can see a blank panel where that button would be. Hatch isn't powered at all: You have to move it yourself.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
No button on ours to adjust the opening height. You can see a blank panel where that button would be.
Then I stand corrected. Sorry for the confusion.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
If they'd have just put heated seats and steering wheel (which *helps* range) I'd have bought the Route 1 myself as well. Absolutely baffling that the "Range" trim didn't have range-assisting options.
I would say because it's a "California weather" car, so expecting only mild temperatures. The cost is kept down to stay under 50k.
Sponsored