Blessing in Infinite Blue, CA Route 1 Disguise

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I would say because it's a "California weather" car, so expecting only mild temperatures. The cost is kept down to stay under 50k.
Yeah I hear that, but I feel like even at $42k heated seats and steering wheel needed to be standard. Kia Rios have them.
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Interesting choice. Do they have a Tesla Blue too? :)
My Carbonized Gray is "Asher Gray" if they paint that exact same paint on a Lincoln. Marketing is weird. Apparently Lincoln customers don't like carbon, they like... *Googles "Asher"* biblical references?

OP
OP

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
Thanks everyone! It's fun to be part of this Mach-E community :) I have a good feeling the silver one I ordered will make another customer very happy (and maybe they'll check it out and go for it if they still happen to be waiting on theirs too!).

OP
OP

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
I have the exact same car here in Michigan (yup Michigan) and haven't missed seat heat or the heated steering wheel.

I've found that the materials they've used on the seats and the steering wheel doesn't get that cold.

Yup: I've already got into the car in the morning after it sat outside all night in <0F conditions without preconditioning it. No issues they don't "feel" cold.

Aside from that, yeah, I really love the blacked out wheels with infinite blue. Makes it look like a "stealth car" LOL.

No button on ours to adjust the opening height. You can see a blank panel where that button would be. Hatch isn't powered at all: You have to move it yourself.
Yeah, there was just something about those wheels...even though they're smaller, the look w/ the glossy fender trim...it almost looked "custom" to me :) And one of your comments from another thread about how this worked just fine for you in Michigan helped!

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I just brought home an infinite blue Mach-E, California Route 1 Edition this past weekend. Woohoo!
Question about the RTE 1: Sound system? My scheduled build date for a Select with Comfort/Tech package is April 2. My local dealer (Huntington Beach Ford) has a Route 1 on the lot... holding it for me until tomorrow. Lack of heated seats is disappointing, but I otherwise like the sticker specifications. Curiously ... it says nothing about the sound system.

So can you fill in the blank on this? What type of sound system is included? How does it sound?

Thanks! - Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Question about the RTE 1: Sound system? My scheduled build date for a Select with Comfort/Tech package is April 2. My local dealer (Huntington Beach Ford) has a Route 1 on the lot... holding it for me until tomorrow. Lack of heated seats is disappointing, but I otherwise like the sticker specifications. Curiously ... it says nothing about the sound system.

So can you fill in the blank on this? What type of sound system is included? How does it sound?

I'm not an audiophile, but it sounds good to me. Saving $2200 sounds better to me than 10 speakers :)
The seats are on the cold side when you first get in without preheating the car, but your butt warms them up in short order.

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
man, this ca-1 infinite blue is the one I cancelled and left to sunnyvale Ford for sell. Ordered it first but decided to go with the premium model. The other RWD infinite blue Premium you mentioned is sitting in my garage right now :) They arrived on the same trailer. Enjoy it, it is an awesome car!

lweisenthal

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
weisenthalcancer.com
Vehicles
MME Premium; RWD; std range; Chevy Volt 2.0
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I just brought home an infinite blue Mach-E, California Route 1 Edition this past weekend. Woohoo

[/QUO

1 more question about the RTE 1. I note that the tires on the RTE 1 have a taller sidewall and wider longer diameter (225/60R18 versus 225/55R19). Can anyone explain the practical differences and why Ford put the larger tire on the RTE 1 ?

OP
OP

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
man, this ca-1 infinite blue is the one I cancelled and left to sunnyvale Ford for sell. Ordered it first but decided to go with the premium model. The other RWD infinite blue Premium you mentioned is sitting in my garage right now :) They arrived on the same trailer. Enjoy it, it is an awesome car!
Oh man, no way! We're like Mach-E twins or something :) Congrats to you as well -- how are you liking it?

OP
OP

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag

I would agree with timbop's earlier reply as well -- I made sure to listen to my choice playlist on the test drives for both this CA Route 1 and the Premium model with the B&O system. I thought both of them sounded great - you can't wrong with either.

On the heated seats point, I've definitely made use of the scheduled departures feature where you can choose cool/medium/warm, and it's very effective. Definitely comfortable when I leave :)

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Oh man, no way! We're like Mach-E twins or something :) Congrats to you as well -- how are you liking it?
Experiences for past 1 and half week has been awesome. Like everything except the sync4 is bit laggy but guess they can make it better through future updates. Mileage wise the estimated number by computer is always hugely undervalued. Today I drove 10 miles locally and the estimated mileage only dropped 2 :) Awesome car!

OP
OP

WildcatMachE

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Extended Range
Country flag
Experiences for past 1 and half week has been awesome. Like everything except the sync4 is bit laggy but guess they can make it better through future updates. Mileage wise the estimated number by computer is always hugely undervalued. Today I drove 10 miles locally and the estimated mileage only dropped 2 :) Awesome car!
Nice... Yeah, I'm looking forward to taking longer drives and see how that influences all the algorithms at play. I want to see that 300 on the gauge sometime :) I've mostly been using Whisper mode, but I've used Unbridled the last couple days and really like how distinctive those modes are.
Sponsored