Blind Spot Monitoring - Audible

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X (Ord 4/6/21, Mfg 6/27/21, Del ??)
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
How does it know that you’re turning up ahead and not trying to change lanes into the car next to you?
Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe it makes an adjustment for the sensitivity at low speed vs. high speed? That’s my best guess. I just know it works well at speed and only rarely (not never, but rarely) activates the alert incorrectly on double turn lanes.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, Rapid Red 😃🏎
Country flag
it occurred to me this evening that the cross-traffic alert has an audible component, so although the Mach-E behaves consistent with my Fusion Energi as far as no audible alert for BLIS but for one for CTA, it still seems weird now that I've thought about it.

I blame all of you for making me realize this.

Rick Gentile

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Rapid Red
Occupation
Semi-retired
Country flag
No Thank You.

I only care about my blind spot when I’m thinking of changing lanes… in which case I’ll be looking in my mirror… in which case I’ll see the yellow light.

What I don’t need is my super silent car making extraneous noise every time someone else passes me in a lane that I had no interest in using. Or every time I pass someone and they fall back behind enough that they are now in my blind spot.
That isn't how it works on my other vehicles...
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2019 Acura RDX and 2020 Honda CRV all have tis feature and all are selectable to omit the audible sound. The sound ONLY happens when it is set for audible AND you use the turn signal. It does not beep when you pass another vehicle or one passes you.
This feature is especially important for the EXTRA "INSTANT" warning that there is something in your blind-spot.
Also if Ford does add this feature, I hope that it is loud enough because the Acura and the Honda volume id minimal, at best. With the radio on and having hearing loss, I could not here the audible warning with these 2 vehicles.
The Jeep system was loud enough and clear enough to help avoid a few incidents.
We all sometimes make a move when we are sure that the coast is clear, but everyone has had a lapse where this could happen.
Rick G

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
The blind spot monitoring on my Mach e works as advertised - there is a solid yellow light on the side mirror when a car is in my blind spot and flashes if I turn on my turn indicator when the car is in my blind spot. But this requires one to look at the mirror. My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee worked similarly but would give an audible warning if I turned on the blinker with another vehicle in my blind spot. Would really like this on the Mach e - safer and easier then having to look every time. For those who would not like this update to the system, I assume there could be an option switch. Anybody else agree?
Had the audible version in my previous car (2015 Mazda6) and preferred it greatly over the mirror flashing. You could "feel" your way into the blindspot. If it beeped, you stayed put.

Advertisement

Advertisement