John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
How does it know that you’re turning up ahead and not trying to change lanes into the car next to you?
Honestly, I don’t know. Maybe it makes an adjustment for the sensitivity at low speed vs. high speed? That’s my best guess. I just know it works well at speed and only rarely (not never, but rarely) activates the alert incorrectly on double turn lanes.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it occurred to me this evening that the cross-traffic alert has an audible component, so although the Mach-E behaves consistent with my Fusion Energi as far as no audible alert for BLIS but for one for CTA, it still seems weird now that I've thought about it.

I blame all of you for making me realize this.

Rick Gentile

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium, AWD, Extended Range, Rapid Red
Occupation
Semi-retired
Country flag
No Thank You.

I only care about my blind spot when I’m thinking of changing lanes… in which case I’ll be looking in my mirror… in which case I’ll see the yellow light.

What I don’t need is my super silent car making extraneous noise every time someone else passes me in a lane that I had no interest in using. Or every time I pass someone and they fall back behind enough that they are now in my blind spot.
That isn't how it works on my other vehicles...
2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2019 Acura RDX and 2020 Honda CRV all have tis feature and all are selectable to omit the audible sound. The sound ONLY happens when it is set for audible AND you use the turn signal. It does not beep when you pass another vehicle or one passes you.
This feature is especially important for the EXTRA "INSTANT" warning that there is something in your blind-spot.
Also if Ford does add this feature, I hope that it is loud enough because the Acura and the Honda volume id minimal, at best. With the radio on and having hearing loss, I could not here the audible warning with these 2 vehicles.
The Jeep system was loud enough and clear enough to help avoid a few incidents.
We all sometimes make a move when we are sure that the coast is clear, but everyone has had a lapse where this could happen.
Rick G

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
The blind spot monitoring on my Mach e works as advertised - there is a solid yellow light on the side mirror when a car is in my blind spot and flashes if I turn on my turn indicator when the car is in my blind spot. But this requires one to look at the mirror. My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee worked similarly but would give an audible warning if I turned on the blinker with another vehicle in my blind spot. Would really like this on the Mach e - safer and easier then having to look every time. For those who would not like this update to the system, I assume there could be an option switch. Anybody else agree?
Had the audible version in my previous car (2015 Mazda6) and preferred it greatly over the mirror flashing. You could "feel" your way into the blindspot. If it beeped, you stayed put.

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Depends how you drive maybe

"I'm not the kind that turns the flasher in until I've checked"
So if you are in heavy traffic, and there is someone in your blind spot all the time, then you don't turn on your signal to let others know you would like to change lanes, then they might make room for you to do so?

Digitalsteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE (replaced 2021 Premium RWD)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you stand in de right hand lane of 2 lanes for a left turn and there a cars in the left lane....it would beep constant...?

Oops @generaltso not fully read this thread
Not a problem, you get used to it in those situations (tuning right or left), since you are not changing lanes.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I’m on the side that loves it. My Acura RDX will chirp at me if I turn on the turn signal with someone in the blind spot, and my only disappointment in it is that the volume isn’t louder. (Volume settings include off, min, medium, and max, and I find max to still be too soft for something so critical.)
I’m actually a little sad to hear that it doesn’t have it as an option at all. I wouldn’t find out for another couple of months anyway, but still.
My Mazda CX5 used to do this also. I obviously did not rely on it but it was nice it was there and made a soft beep. Seeing some people's driving out there they need all the help they can.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Alternately: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15131074/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots/

I tried this, and while it took me several weeks (maybe even a month or two) to get used to it, I now can't imagine driving any other way, and even then, I still check over my shoulder in busy traffic just in case. Still drives my wife nuts when she takes my car, since it initially feels very unnatural.
Totally agree. I have been using this method for over 10 years now and believe it’s by far the best way to adjust side view mirrors to eliminate blind spots completely.

AkMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, I agree. I would prefer an audible warning. We should all be checking and looking over our shoulder before changing lanes, but an audible warning may prevent you from making an error. But since the responses to this seems divided between people who want it and others who don't, it can be provided as a choice to drivers as their preference.
How hard would that be for Ford?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Many of the features, including this, are Ford features, not Mach-E specific features.

Tonta9

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Yea I really wish this was an option, so every profile could turn a chime on if they wanted to and off if they wanted to. My wife would want to have the audible on while I rather have it ok. I hope this would be possible for a future update.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Yes, please. It does add redundancy to the blind spot indicator, but with an option to turn it off it is there for people who want it. My Pacifica has this feature and I love it.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
If we are asking for something, I would prefer the system in my old Cadillac that vibrated the drivers seat on the side that had the hazard. You could also have an audible alert, which I kept off, but the seat notification was great! I really miss that.

Johnny B

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD 2017Nissan Titan XD Diesel
Occupation
Retired Software Developer
Country flag
My Nissan Titan XD beeps twice if there is someone in my blind spot when the turn signal is activated and I'm moving. It doesn't beep continuously or repeatedly beyond those initial two.

I find it a useful reminder as I tend to turn on my turn signal before actually checking my mirrors. Also, there are times that the sun can wash out the indicators on the mirrors, so this additional feedback is helpful. I do miss this on the Mach-E.

drh11

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
My 2019 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate had the audible warning in addition to the flashing light which I appreciated. I wish the Mach E had this feature available.
Sponsored