wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
The blind spot monitoring on my Mach e works as advertised - there is a solid yellow light on the side mirror when a car is in my blind spot and flashes if I turn on my turn indicator when the car is in my blind spot. But this requires one to look at the mirror. My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee worked similarly but would give an audible warning if I turned on the blinker with another vehicle in my blind spot. Would really like this on the Mach e - safer and easier then having to look every time. For those who would not like this update to the system, I assume there could be an option switch. Anybody else agree?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
No Thank You.

I only care about my blind spot when Iā€™m thinking of changing lanesā€¦ in which case Iā€™ll be looking in my mirrorā€¦ in which case Iā€™ll see the yellow light.

What I donā€™t need is my super silent car making extraneous noise every time someone else passes me in a lane that I had no interest in using. Or every time I pass someone and they fall back behind enough that they are now in my blind spot.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
What I donā€™t need is my super silent car making extraneous noise every time someone else passes me in a lane that I had no interest in using. Or every time I pass someone and they fall back behind enough that they are now in my blind spot.
OP only asked for audible noise when blinker is on.

I'm going to turn off this feature (audible blind spot warning when blinker is on) if my car has it. But I can understand why some one might want it, and am not against having it as a configurable option in my car.

I don't believe Mach E has an option for that.

That being said, I do hope that other drivers that I share a road with are not overly reliant on blind spot system and still check their mirror and shoulder.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
OP only asked for audible noise when blinker is on.

I'm going to turn off this feature (audible blind spot warning when blinker is on) if my car has it. But I can understand why some one might want it, and am not against having it as a configurable option in my car.

I don't believe Mach E has an option for that.

That being said, I do hope that other drivers that I share a road with are not overly reliant on blind spot system and still check their mirror and shoulder.
Ahh. My bad. Yes I would support audible feedback when I turn on my blinker. BMWs are believed to have this feature but nobody knows for sure.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wouldn't be against having it, but I've turned it off in prior cars that had an audible warning. The problem is that when multiple lanes are turning, and you have your blinker on, all the cars in the lane next to you that are also turning set off your audible alert. Not a big deal once in a while, but if it happens all the time, you get conditioned to ignore it, which defeats the purpose.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I wouldn't be against having it, but I've turned it off in prior cars that had an audible warning. The problem is that when multiple lanes are turning, and you have your blinker on, all the cars in the lane next to you that are also turning set off your audible alert. Not a big deal once in a while, but if it happens all the time, you get conditioned to ignore it, which defeats the purpose.
Iā€™m on the side that loves it. My Acura RDX will chirp at me if I turn on the turn signal with someone in the blind spot, and my only disappointment in it is that the volume isnā€™t louder. (Volume settings include off, min, medium, and max, and I find max to still be too soft for something so critical.)
Iā€™m actually a little sad to hear that it doesnā€™t have it as an option at all. I wouldnā€™t find out for another couple of months anyway, but still.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
No audible sounds please, I drove a car once who had all these audible sounds and they were driving me nuts...

Sorry if this sounds rude.... but learn to drive!!! Look at your various mirrors while driving, check your mirrors and blind spots when you change lane or make a turn, don't just rely on "technology"

Dafstang

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aimdesign.com
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium E AWD/ / 2017 Mercedes GLE-43
Occupation
Product designer
Country flag
The blind spot monitoring on my Mach e works as advertised - there is a solid yellow light on the side mirror when a car is in my blind spot and flashes if I turn on my turn indicator when the car is in my blind spot. But this requires one to look at the mirror. My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee worked similarly but would give an audible warning if I turned on the blinker with another vehicle in my blind spot. Would really like this on the Mach e - safer and easier then having to look every time. For those who would not like this update to the system, I assume there could be an option switch. Anybody else agree?
I agree, audible would be better. In my mercedes it beeps when I try to change lanes and there is a car I did not see. THe blinking light is too subtle.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
No audible sounds please, I drove a car once who had all these audible sounds and they were driving me nuts...

Sorry if this sounds rude.... but learn to drive!!! Look at your various mirrors while driving, check your mirrors and blind spots when you change lane or make a turn, don't just rely on "technology"
Ok - I'm envisioning a system where both the flash in the side mirror happens and you get an audible alert - both systems could fail though, so safety says you should look before changing lanes - however, if I hit the blinker and get an immediate audible warinng, I will not move to change lanes - if there is no audible alert - I do not 100% assume this is correct - maybe someone is coming up quickly (speeding even) so I still look. Again I see a system that would allow you to opt out of the audible warning if you want. BTW - it is a tad insensitive to suggest that someone does not know how to drive - if we all new how to drive correctly 100% of the time would we need seat belts or air bags? Drivers are humans, and humans make mistakes. So having an assist is not a bad idea at times.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Ok - I'm envisioning a system where both the flash in the side mirror happens and you get an audible alert - both systems could fail though, so safety says you should look before changing lanes - however, if I hit the blinker and get an immediate audible warinng, I will not move to change lanes - if there is no audible alert - I do not 100% assume this is correct - maybe someone is coming up quickly (speeding even) so I still look. Again I see a system that would allow you to opt out of the audible warning if you want. BTW - it is a tad insensitive to suggest that someone does not know how to drive - if we all new how to drive correctly 100% of the time would we need seat belts or air bags? Drivers are humans, and humans make mistakes. So having an assist is not a bad idea at times.
Depends how you drive maybe

I'm not the kind that turns the flasher in until I've checked

i.e. if I flash it's because it's clear to go and I am going. Nothing more annoying than those who ride a quarter mile with the flasher on without ever changing lanes...

Browse your mirrors when driving and when you want to change lanes, check side mirror and blind spot (even if you have a blind spot advisory system), clear?, Hit the flicker and change lanes

The driver assistance systems are good but they shouldn't replace proper driving techniques!!! And shouldn't be too intrusive (or at least can allow to turn off audible notifications)

But that's just me and my little opinion

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score