Reaction score
Website
www.bsi-inc.com
Vehicles
2021 Premium MME 4EX Star White, 2019 Acura RDX,
Occupation
BSI Sales and Technical Manager
Country flag
Like JonnyForensic, I like the system the RDX has. 99%+ of the time, I check my mirror before changing lanes, but just once over the past two years I didn't and the RDX's beep saved me. That made it worth having. The down side is that I like to turn my turn signal on at least two seconds before actually making a lane change and many times the car I'm passing will still be, at the beginning, in the blind spot area and I get the beep.

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
Want this. With all the auto lights appearing in your side mirrors, plus fatigue, it's very easy to look right at the blind spot light and not register it was on. Audible while blinker is on would help. If the audible can be toggled, even better. Win, win, no?

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Depends how you drive maybe

I'm not the kind that turns the flasher in until I've checked

i.e. if I flash it's because it's clear to go and I am going. Nothing more annoying than those who ride a quarter mile with the flasher on without ever changing lanes...

Browse your mirrors when driving and when you want to change lanes, check side mirror and blind spot (even if you have a blind spot advisory system), clear?, Hit the flicker and change lanes

The driver assistance systems are good but they shouldn't replace proper driving techniques!!! And shouldn't be too intrusive (or at least can allow to turn off audible notifications)

But that's just me and my little opinion
it is called a blind spot for a reason. I am glad your techniques allow you to never miss a car in your blind spot.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
No audible sounds please, I drove a car once who had all these audible sounds and they were driving me nuts...

Sorry if this sounds rude.... but learn to drive!!! Look at your various mirrors while driving, check your mirrors and blind spots when you change lane or make a turn, don't just rely on "technology"
I'm with you fine on the first part, sure, make it optional.

As for the second part, that's a little harsh. We all know how to drive - these are aids, not replacements for the responsibility of the driver to be careful and check. Nobody who gets in an accident wants to; usually, it's because we're human beings and make mistakes. Safety devices on the car help avoid those situations where we may miss something.

Maybe once a year or so, as careful a driver as I am (and I am VERY careful), I miss someone in my blind spot, start to move over, and catch myself in time. Those things happen to everyone no matter how careful they are.

The driver assistance systems are good but they shouldn't replace proper driving techniques!!!
I think you're reading that into the discussion. I didn't see anyone say anything should replace proper driving techniques. The best option is to be able to turn it off if you don't like it, as you say.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
The blind spot monitoring on my Mach e works as advertised - there is a solid yellow light on the side mirror when a car is in my blind spot and flashes if I turn on my turn indicator when the car is in my blind spot. But this requires one to look at the mirror. My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee worked similarly but would give an audible warning if I turned on the blinker with another vehicle in my blind spot. Would really like this on the Mach e - safer and easier then having to look every time. For those who would not like this update to the system, I assume there could be an option switch. Anybody else agree?
OP, the Mach-E doesn't have an audible warning per se, but it DOES have Active Blind-Spot Assist, which, if you try to change lanes into another car in the next lane, it will take over the steering wheel and nudge you back, along with a warning in the instrument cluster.

You need to have this driver assist setting turned on.

This might satisfy the need you're asking for?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blind Spot Monitoring - Audible 1621695909425

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
OP, the Mach-E doesn't have an audible warning per se, but it DOES have Active Blind-Spot Assist, which, if you try to change lanes into another car in the next lane, it will take over the steering wheel and nudge you back, along with a warning in the instrument cluster.

You need to have this driver assist setting turned on.

This might satisfy the need you're asking for?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blind Spot Monitoring - Audible 1621695909425
Thanks for this. I will have to give it a try. I think I might still like having the audible warning and not have to rely on the car pulling me back. Nice to have that feature but would not have to get to that point if my alert said “don’t do that now.”

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Having an optional sound would be useful. Just realized that the sensor cannot always see the vehicle on the side, if the lanes are wide or lanes are merging there can be a big enough space the sensor won't see anything.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
If you stand in de right hand lane of 2 lanes for a left turn and there a cars in the left lane....it would beep constant...?

Oops @generaltso not fully read this thread

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you stand in de right hand lane of 2 lanes for a left turn and there a cars in the left lane....it would beep constant...?
Yes, that’s the scenario I described in post# 5, and the reason I‘ve turned off the audible alert in previous cars.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
In this two left turn lane scenerio, the Acura RDX will not give you a beep warning.
Yeah, and it’s also pretty good in double turn lanes. Only if you and the car on the inside get pretty close together does it beep. This is a pretty well solved problem at this point (and in my 2019 no less).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, and it’s also pretty good in double turn lanes. Only if you and the car on the inside get pretty close together does it beep. This is a pretty well solved problem at this point (and in my 2019 no less).
How does it know that you’re turning up ahead and not trying to change lanes into the car next to you?

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
How does it know that you’re turning up ahead and not trying to change lanes into the car next to you?
My QX50 beeps a few times when the turn signal is activated. It is not a constant beep the entire time the signal is on.