Blind spot view on turn signal?

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
any idea if Ford plans to intro this? and other features like app alert when windows are left open, recognise signals ....

while I like my Mach E, I think MMEs must be the farthest behind wrt to software compared to competitors.
Sponsored

SprManKalEl

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
We take a defensive driving course every 3 years for our savings on insurance. They first thing every course teaches is how to adjust mirrors to see your blind spot. You now, to use them for their intended purpose. Since, I have followed this advice (about 10 years now), I have no trouble seeing my blind spots. I was spoiled by my last car that had an audible beeping when I turned on my signal and another vehicle was in my blind spot. I miss that sound.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
any idea if Ford plans to intro this? and other features like app alert when windows are left open, recognise signals ....

while I like my Mach E, I think MMEs must be the farthest behind wrt to software compared to competitors.
You're expecting Ford to do everything Tesla does, the answer is no. The cameras aren't positioned for blind spot viewing, and Ford doesn't have plans to add any. You have a blind spot radar that will turn the light on in the mirror instead of cameras. You can check your window status with the API. Not sure what recognize signals means exactly.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
You're expecting Ford to do everything Tesla does, the answer is no. The cameras aren't positioned for blind spot viewing, and Ford doesn't have plans to add any. You have a blind spot radar that will turn the light on in the mirror instead of cameras. You can check your window status with the API. Not sure what recognize signals means exactly.
To be fair, I think the Korean cars implemented it first (Ioniq 5 and EV6). Although the feature seems nice in theory, having used it before, it seems more distracting than anything.

I was spoiled by my last car that had an audible beeping when I turned on my signal and another vehicle was in my blind spot. I miss that sound.
Oh god, I'm so glad the Mach-E doesn't have all those incessant beeps and bops so many cars have.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I miss the camera on my 2014 Honda Accord. I still sometimes look at the screen when I turn my right turn signal on. But I think the camera isn’t in side mirror like Honda. Oh well. Really loved that feature.

MisterSofa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Corolla, 2022 Ford MachE Premium AWD
Country flag

Doesn't the Mach E have BSM in the side view mirrors?

satchel prefect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crusty old PHEV
Country flag
Coming from someone who has had a few Hyundai/Kia products with the camera-on-turn-signal view, a digital rearview mirror is a much better solution IMO. It essentially eliminates rearward blind spots without needing to activate a turn signal. Cars that surpass the field of view to either side will become visible out the side front windows.

Digital Rearview Mirror
Sponsored