Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Apologies if this has been discussed. I did a search and nothing came up yet....

The Blue Bar on my nav has always worked but only for freeway interchanges or exits. Starting this past Saturday, it now works for every turn.

Has anyone else seen this change on their car? Last Update I installed was about 3 weeks ago so I don't think this is related to that. Any ideas when/how this change occurred without any sort of official update notice?

Note: My car does not have the 21P22 update.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Apologies if this has been discussed. I did a search and nothing came up yet....

The Blue Bar on my nav has always worked but only for freeway interchanges or exits. Starting this past Saturday, it now works for every turn.

Has anyone else seen this change on their car? Last Update I installed was about 3 weeks ago so I don't think this is related to that. Any ideas when/how this change occurred without any sort of official update notice?

Note: My car does not have the 21P22 update.
I get the blue bar at every turn when using navigation.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Greg, sounds like you might have gotten the IPC OTA update. I can check if you send VIN.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Always been there for me when using Ford nav. They made it "count down" I believe on 1.7.1. recent updates make it work for Android auto (and fixed the intermittent flashing that used to occur if Android auto was connected).

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Started working in 1.7.1 for me and now it also works with Apple CarPlay in the nav directions too after 2.3.0.

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Just got my car two weeks ago. The blue bar has been there when using the Ford Nav since I got it.

When using google maps though, I don't even get any type of indication that there is a turn coming up on the dash. None at all. I feel like Ford is trying to force me to use their nav which is free...for the first three years.

Does anyone else get any indications when using google maps?

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Greg, sounds like you might have gotten the IPC OTA update. I can check if you send VIN.
Thanks!
3FMTK3SU3MMA02459

To clarify, the blue bar has always been there for me since day one bit not for every turn. Up until this past Saturday it only displayed the bar for freeway interchanges and exits. Then last Fall it started to "count down" (shrink in size as the exit approached).

Now it does both things for every turn, even on surface streets. Something that it didn't do before so that is new

??

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
To clarify, the blue bar has always been there for me since day one bit not for every turn. Up until this past Saturday it only displayed the bar for freeway interchanges and exits. Then last Fall it started to "count down" (shrink in size as the exit approached).
No IPC update I see yet. You got Power-Up 2.1.0 (GWM) on Jan 6th and 2.3.0 (APIM, TCU) on Jan 25th after 1 failed attempt. So IDK why it just started working.

The blue bar was always meant to count down turns while navigating, it just didn't work right.

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Saw this appear w/ 2.3.0. Whether or not it should have been there all along, no idea. Not sure how it functions w/ Ford’s navigation app but with CarPlay it seems to be less functional than the UI before it. Now, the last .2 mi are a solid blue bar that shows 0 ft. Remaining, but the bar ticks down as I get closer to the turn. Seems iOS and GOM aren’t sharing all the info they need.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
No IPC update I see yet. You got Power-Up 2.1.0 (GWM) on Jan 6th and 2.3.0 (APIM, TCU) on Jan 25th after 1 failed attempt. So IDK why it just started working.

The blue bar was always meant to count down turns while navigating, it just didn't work right.
Thanks.

Mine didn't count down for the first 6 or 7 months then it started working. IIRC, it was about the same time the artist/song alerts started working on SiriusXM.

Even then, it was only freeway interchanges and exits. Kinda strange to get surface streets added all of a sudden.

In your car, has the blue bar worked everywhere since day one?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Saw this appear w/ 2.3.0. Whether or not it should have been there all along, no idea. Not sure how it functions w/ Ford’s navigation app but with CarPlay it seems to be less functional than the UI before it. Now, the last .2 mi are a solid blue bar that shows 0 ft. Remaining, but the bar ticks down as I get closer to the turn. Seems iOS and GOM aren’t sharing all the info they need.
It does end up showing in Feet when you get closer

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

What is this IPC update? The one that makes it turn off when you turn off the vehicle?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
What is this IPC update? The one that makes it turn off when you turn off the vehicle?
Instrument panel cluster. Will likely be updated for BlueCruise when that starts rolling out in the next couple months.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Instrument panel cluster. Will likely be updated for BlueCruise when that starts rolling out in the next couple months.
Right I know there was one incoming for IPC for screens that were draining batteries
Sponsored