Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Anyone having issues with the hands-free portion not activating when you turn on cruise?

Last week on my commute, it worked flawlessly. Now this week, it refuses to not activate. The “Blue Cruise is on” message appears every time I activate cruise but the hands-free doesn’t kick in.

I’ve already done searches on the forum for this but the majority of the results are about OTAs or availability but hardly nothing on why it won’t activate on the same road it worked on last week. Ford Phone Support is a joke. Just get moved from rep to rep or dept to dept.
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
I have the GT. It came with Blue Cruise working from the factory.

My vehicle is built outside the dates of that PDF.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I have a GT-PE. I received the map update on March 2nd. Are you sure your GT wasn’t built between
“January 18, 2021 through March 7, 2022”
Because I’d be impressed if a vehicle built after March 7 was already delivered. And I’m pretty sure they weren’t building GT’s before Jan 18, 2021.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have the GT. It came with Blue Cruise working from the factory.

My vehicle is built outside the dates of that PDF.
I guarantee your car was not built outside of those dates (January 18, 2021 through March 7, 2022).

OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Oh I misread the March year. My brain saw 2021. And yep, I happened to notice 3-14-2022 on my sync info screen last week and thought it odd and moved on. It didn’t quite register because the rest of my Blue Cruise and Plug & Charge has been out of sync on the Ford back ends.

Since they have to update the GWM, are they allowed to update all modules with existing available updates? I’d like to get the 90% charge curve update!

I find it a poor decision on Ford’s part stating that won’t inform existing customers affected by this!

Ben C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Anyone having issues with the hands-free portion not activating when you turn on cruise?

Last week on my commute, it worked flawlessly. Now this week, it refuses to not activate. The “Blue Cruise is on” message appears every time I activate cruise but the hands-free doesn’t kick in.

I’ve already done searches on the forum for this but the majority of the results are about OTAs or availability but hardly nothing on why it won’t activate on the same road it worked on last week. Ford Phone Support is a joke. Just get moved from rep to rep or dept to dept.
Yes, same thing for me.

JJCritch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Health care industry
Country flag
Did you get the OTA map update a couple weeks ago? Perhaps if you didn’t get the update then your map data is not up-to-date and for safety reasons your hands free is unavailable.
Does your FordPass show a recall?

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/3-14-22-bluecruise-recall.15498/#post-370875

Eureka! Thank you!!!!

This same thing the OP describes is going on with me, and like he said, Ford customer service is useless. I finally took delivery of my GTPE on Saturday, Bluecruise worked on Sunday and then Monday stopped working. Thanks for that link to the PDF Murse-In-Airy !

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
OP
OP
bncwhite

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
Just got back from the dealership today. They fixed the issue with the Gateway module and also applied all available updates to the other modules.

Hands-Free works now. One thing that is concerning is this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Hands-Free Intermittent D8D4A903-A6CF-47D3-AB95-45794A8D11D4

Why wouldn’t this date show the same date that my Blue Cruise expires in 2025? Hopefully the car is just waiting to phone home and see my 2025 expiration date.

I also noticed the updates to the modules have changed how aggressive 1-Pedal Drive is. It is now less aggressive because I found myself needing to use my brakes around my daily intersection, which I didn’t need to before today. 1-Pedal Drive feels subtlety different.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just got back from the dealership today. They fixed the issue with the Gateway module and also applied all available updates to the other modules.

D8D4A903-A6CF-47D3-AB95-45794A8D11D4.jpeg

Why wouldn’t this date show the same date that my Blue Cruise expires in 2025? Hopefully the car is just waiting to phone home and see my 2025 expiration date.

I also noticed the updates to the modules have changed how aggressive 1-Pedal Drive is. It is now less aggressive because I found myself needing to use my brakes around my daily intersection, which I didn’t need to before today. 1-Pedal Drive feels subtlety different.
The BlueCruise map so far has had to be updated after 6 months. The cars that are getting it now that didn't have it from the factory seem to have a map for 1 year though.

Basically, they will be sending map updates and this is how they make sure your car isn't using an expired map for hands free driving.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I find, and it may just be placebo, that my OPD feels different each time one of the cars gets an update. And that’s across three different cars now.

JJCritch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Health care industry
Country flag
Got it to the dealership today and they did the 22P08.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Hands-Free Intermittent 20220317_192954

BlueCruise works now. Too bad Ford customer service was so bad and had no clue about this. I called them yesterday and they transferred me three times to the wrong department. Once it was Lincoln financial. ?

Thanks again.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Too bad Ford customer service was so bad and had no clue about this. I called them yesterday and they transferred me three times to the wrong department. Once it was Lincoln financial. ?

Thanks again.
Next time you’ll know to skip the phone tree of people using cue cards and come to where the real experts are.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Hands-Free Intermittent 20220317_192954

where do you go to check that date? sorry, still new with my MME. i'm noticing blue cruise not kickign on also and want to verify