Blue Cruise in Florida

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Hey guys, just purchased my MME yesterday. Was super excited to pick it up!

Question, I watched the Blue Cruise "How to Video". And made sure lane centering was turned on and active. Also Adapted cruise control.

Driving home on the Florida turnpike near Orlando the icon never turned blue, only green. Just tried the Sun Coast highway north of Tampa as well.

I looked at the detailed map and looks like I75, I4, I10 and I95 for sure have it. Does anyone know if these toll roads have Blue Cruise? Just want to make sure it's working in my MME.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Lane centering with hands free must be on.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I've used it on portions of the turnpike with success. Check your sync settings and make sure your maps are up to date or you won't be able to use it. I took delivery of mine in late May and had to go back in to get the maps updated.

In your infotainment center, go to settings, general, and about sync. Towards the bottom will say "Hands Free Driving Mode Available Through...." if the date has passed, you need to get the dealer to update.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I've used it on portions of the turnpike with success. Check your sync settings and make sure your maps are up to date or you won't be able to use it. I took delivery of mine in late May and had to go back in to get the maps updated.

In your infotainment center, go to settings, general, and about sync. Towards the bottom will say "Hands Free Driving Mode Available Through...." if the date has passed, you need to get the dealer to update.

Yes, Lane centering with hands free is turned on and my Hands Free Driving Mode is available through 10-9-2022.

I wonder if my maps need to be updated.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Yes, Lane centering with hands free is turned on and my Hands Free Driving Mode is available through 10-9-2022.

Your maps should be good. Mine is available through the same dates and works well. Give it a try on 75 or I4 and see what happens. It also works through most of the 408 and 429 from what I've tried.

If it doesn't work on any of those roads...seems like a dealer trip is in your future.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Your maps should be good. Mine is available through the same dates and works well. Give it a try on 75 or I4 and see what happens. It also works through most of the 408 and 429 from what I've tried.

If it doesn't work on any of those roads...seems like a dealer trip is in your future.
Thanks for the feedback! I was only on the SunCoast for a short period. I think I'll be on I75 this week. Will test then.

TY

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Maps are 6 months at a time, you'll get an update to get you to February before the October expiration.

You are 100% ready for handsfree driving. If it doesn't work on a divided highway, then there is something else going on. It should immediately tell you that BlueCruise is available when you turn on Cruise, then at some point tell you handsfree is available.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Maps are 6 months at a time, you'll get an update to get you to February before the October expiration.

You are 100% ready for handsfree driving. If it doesn't work on a divided highway, then there is something else going on. It should immediately tell you that BlueCruise is available when you turn on Cruise, then at some point tell you handsfree is available.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658085243054

Thanks again! I’ll try again when i get on I-75

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, just to point it out, it won't work over 80mph.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I picked up mine yesterday too! I was able to use BlueCruise successfully on I-4 from Clearwater to Orlando.

It worked really well, if anything it made me realize that all this time as a driver I’ve been favoring the left. I kept freaking out I was too close to cars on my right only to realize the car was perfectly centered.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658085243054

Check this section, too:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658085243054~2

It worked really well, if anything it made me realize that all this time as a driver I’ve been favoring the left. I kept freaking out I was too close to cars on my right only to realize the car was perfectly centered.
BlueCruise often goes too far to the right. Every once in awhile, it will even cross over the line. (Then it realizes there's a problem and makes you retake control for a bit.)

Stay observant and control the wheel when needed.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
BlueCruise often goes too far to the right. Every once in awhile, it will even cross over the line. (Then it realizes there's a problem and makes you retake control for a bit.)

Definitely will, thanks!

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Check this section, too:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658085243054~2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658143169942

Nothing more i can change in Lane-Keeping System. I have it on when i do cruise control too

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I had a 21 and it always worked all the time on I4 and 75. Never had issues. Just got the 22 with all the new updates and now on the same highways it either won’t kick in at all or makes me keep my hand on the wheel. Idk if it’s the car or software. I love BlueCruise and I’m super unhappy right now. I have everything set up correctly and I’d say it only works about 20% of the time.

If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I had a 21 and it always worked all the time on I4 and 75. Never had issues. Just got the 22 with all the new updates and now on the same highways it either won’t kick in at all or makes me keep my hand on the wheel. Idk if it’s the car or software. I love BlueCruise and I’m super unhappy right now. I have everything set up correctly and I’d say it only works about 20% of the time.

If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it.
Interesting, you just got your 22, right? When I was on the Florida turnpike (about 25 miles), the icon never turned blue. I'm checking this week on I-75. I'll let you know what happens.
Sponsored