Blue Cruise in Florida

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I had a 21 and it always worked all the time on I4 and 75. Never had issues. Just got the 22 with all the new updates and now on the same highways it either won’t kick in at all or makes me keep my hand on the wheel. Idk if it’s the car or software. I love BlueCruise and I’m super unhappy right now. I have everything set up correctly and I’d say it only works about 20% of the time.

If anyone has any insight I’d love to hear it.
Make sure they updated your BlueCruise handsfree maps before delivery. Check their expiration date in the screen menus.
Sponsored

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Interesting, you just got your 22, right? When I was on the Florida turnpike (about 25 miles), the icon never turned blue. I'm checking this week on I-75. I'll let you know what happens.
Yes. Few weeks ago. There’s a few things on this car that just don’t seem to work as smoothly as my 21. It’s sad you would think updated software, etc would solve problems not create them.

Now it will always show BlueCruise but rarely hands free. Doesn’t matter the lane or speed (as long as it’s under 80). Its annoying because I use it all the time.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Check map date... Many dealers didn't update the maps, which expired in February...

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag
Works every time when I am in Unbridled and turn on lane centering and cruise control on the Sawgrass Expressway.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. Few weeks ago. There’s a few things on this car that just don’t seem to work as smoothly as my 21. It’s sad you would think updated software, etc would solve problems not create them.

Now it will always show BlueCruise but rarely hands free. Doesn’t matter the lane or speed (as long as it’s under 80). Its annoying because I use it all the time.
So call me confused.

You just got your 22, but you're asking questions in another thread about finance rates...?

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
So call me confused.

You just got your 22, but you're asking questions in another thread about finance rates...?
I ordered 2 back in October. Not knowing which one would get here first. I’m weighing my options of just taking the third one. I haven’t gotten PAAK to work correctly and BlueCruise only works about 20% of the time. It could be software, but I want all my info before I make my decision.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
I was surprised I got an alert while driving through Disney that BlueCruise was available. Both directions on World Drive.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658269124139

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658269177779

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise in Florida 1658269248803

Hey guys, still not sure i’m doing something right. I have all the settings on. I took a picture indicating that Blue Cruise is available then another picture of it being turned on. the last picture shows that Adaptive Cruise control and lane assist is working but i must keep my hands on the wheel. The cruise control icon doesn’t turn blue.

I was on the SunCoast highway (589). I would think this road should work.

Anything i’m doing wrong?

BBBday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select 4X SR
Country flag

Hey guys, still not sure i’m doing something right. I have all the settings on. I took a picture indicating that Blue Cruise is available then another picture of it being turned on. the last picture shows that Adaptive Cruise control and lane assist is working but i must keep my hands on the wheel. The cruise control icon doesn’t turn blue.

I was on the SunCoast highway (589). I would think this road should work.

Anything i’m doing wrong?
I find that sections of the highway will go in and out of BC. It seems as though it will turn off if there are no metal guard rails on the side of the road but that’s only a guess, I don’t know how the BC sensors or mapping works 🤷‍♀️

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Thanks guys for the comments and communication.

Update, I tried Blue Cruise on 589, Florida Turnpike, I-275 and a few miles on I-4. The Blue Cruise shows available and turns on but does not engage. Seems to be a problem with my new MME. I made a service appointment with Ford on August 1st. I'll let you guys know what they say for anyone else that ever has this issue.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag

Update, I tried Blue Cruise on 589, Florida Turnpike, I-275 and a few miles on I-4. The Blue Cruise shows available and turns on but does not engage. Seems to be a problem with my new MME. I made a service appointment with Ford on August 1st. I'll let you guys know what they say for anyone else that ever has this issue.
Good luck and hopefully they get it fixed for you! Verified yesterday that it definitely works on the turnpike...also found out randomly that it works on portions of 570!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Update on the Blue Cruise not enabling

I brought my MME into the dealership this morning. The dealership just called me. Apparently, they were discussing with Ford EV team and there is a known issue and there is a software fix they will be applying tomorrow morning.

When I spoke with Ford In Vehicle Technology department, they told me my software was up-to-date. Not sure what the software fix is but I'm hoping this will fix my Blue Cruise issue.

I'll let everyone know if this fixes my issue.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Update on the Blue Cruise not enabling

I brought my MME into the dealership this morning. The dealership just called me. Apparently, they were discussing with Ford EV team and there is a known issue and there is a software fix they will be applying tomorrow morning.

When I spoke with Ford In Vehicle Technology department, they told me my software was up-to-date. Not sure what the software fix is but I'm hoping this will fix my Blue Cruise issue.

I'll let everyone know if this fixes my issue.
Looking forward to what they say. My BC has broken. It took the dealer ~6weeks to get it going this spring and it has now died. I have an appointment on the 17th.

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Well, nothing really good to report yet. My dealership did get a few error codes to go off of, so they see a problem even after they clear the codes, they come back. They updated the CMR based on the codes they were seeing. However, the Blue Cruise is still not engaging and the codes keep popping back. They called the Ford hotline and ordered the part that sits on the steering wheel column that tracks your eyes. Apparently, that's the next step. I'm not 100% sure that's going to fix the problem but only time will tell.
Sponsored