John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
Hey guys, just purchased my MME yesterday. Was super excited to pick it up!

Question, I watched the Blue Cruise "How to Video". And made sure lane centering was turned on and active. Also Adapted cruise control.

Driving home on the Florida turnpike near Orlando the icon never turned blue, only green. Just tried the Sun Coast highway north of Tampa as well.

I looked at the detailed map and looks like I75, I4, I10 and I95 for sure have it. Does anyone know if these toll roads have Blue Cruise? Just want to make sure it's working in my MME.
I really don't use it, too jerky.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Update. As of today, my BlueCruise is finally working. After 4 trips to the dealership and multiple rental cars. Ford was able to fix my issue.

Last Thursday, the Florida area Ford rep came to my dealership. He took a bunch of logs, pictures, etc. They sent all the information to Ford. This morning, Ford did an OTA update to one of my modules. They indicated they saw errors within the module. The OTA update automatically fixed my issue.

I'm hoping that my dealership will be able to get more information regarding which module or modules was having the issues and was updated. I get the impression, it wasn't something that the area rep or dealership could see on their end, but I don't know for sure.

Glad it's working! Now, being that it hasn't worked the past 6 weeks I've owned the car, I'm going to see if Ford will extend the BlueCruise 3 years.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Update. As of today, my BlueCruise is finally working. After 4 trips to the dealership and multiple rental cars. Ford was able to fix my issue.

Last Thursday, the Florida area Ford rep came to my dealership. He took a bunch of logs, pictures, etc. They sent all the information to Ford. This morning, Ford did an OTA update to one of my modules. They indicated they saw errors within the module. The OTA update automatically fixed my issue.

I'm hoping that my dealership will be able to get more information regarding which module or modules was having the issues and was updated. I get the impression, it wasn't something that the area rep or dealership could see on their end, but I don't know for sure.

Glad it's working! Now, being that it hasn't worked the past 6 weeks I've owned the car, I'm going to see if Ford will extend the BlueCruise 3 years.
Glad you finally got it working! I've been using it more and more on my daily travels around central Florida and it's quickly become my favorite feature.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
I finally learned that my BlueCruise issue was due to an issue with the Gateway module. This module needed the updated code. Just incase someone else runs into this issue.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT AWDe and Honda Insight
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
I've used it on portions of the turnpike with success. Check your sync settings and make sure your maps are up to date or you won't be able to use it. I took delivery of mine in late May and had to go back in to get the maps updated.

In your infotainment center, go to settings, general, and about sync. Towards the bottom will say "Hands Free Driving Mode Available Through...." if the date has passed, you need to get the dealer to update.
Is the map update not OTA? If so, only a dealer update option or can one do it using Wi-Fi at home?

OP
OP
Gold

Gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CR1 Mach-E AWD
Country flag
Does the Ford map updates matter much? I figured most people use their phone maps.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
Does the Ford map updates matter much? I figured most people use their phone maps.
For me, I would rather use the ME's map and if needed I would alternate to Waze. Sometimes I travel a lot (just locally) and I use both my phone and car's GPs for different reasons. But I would default to the ME as a first choice.

To each his /her own, I guess.

Hilikus

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Is the map update not OTA? If so, only a dealer update option or can one do it using Wi-Fi at home?
It is OTA, but they only push them out every few months (I think 6?). So if you bought your car with outdated maps, you would have to either get the dealership to push the update through, or wait for the next OTA update.

When I bought mine in May, the Maps had updated in March, and the next OTA update was scheduled for September. I had them do it manually and then when it was due for the update, it did do it automatically.

Darkenmage

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi Retired
Country flag
OK TY.

RickMachE