Angelina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Sorry if this has been brought up earlier, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Blue Cruise activated on my vehicle with a 3 year free trial!!
I will be putting it to test later on today!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise included for 3 years?? DD4AA01B-F7C3-41D4-9A5C-9DCEC56669E7
Sponsored

Last edited:

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Sorry if this has been brought up earlier, but I was pleasantly surprised to see Blue Cruise activated on my vehicle with a 3 year free trial!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise included for 3 years?? DD4AA01B-F7C3-41D4-9A5C-9DCEC56669E7
Do you own a GT or are you part of the early access program?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Not free. You paid $600 for it. And not a trial.

OP
OP
Angelina

Angelina

First Name
Angelina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Not free. You paid $600 for it. And not a trial.
Can you please enlighten me HOW I paid for it.
It got activated yesterday and I received the notification about the three year trial. I thought I would have to activate it by subscribing and paying $600 for it , but when I go to my connected services it shows as you can see above that it is a trial that ends by 9/2/24.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is on your window sticker. Vehicles made before a certain date cost $600 less than yours, and can choose to pay $600 to turn on BlueCruise when it is available. You already paid $600.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
It got activated yesterday and I received the notification about the three year trial. I thought I would have to activate it by subscribing and paying $600 for it , but when I go to my connected services it shows as you can see above that it is a trial that ends by 9/2/24.
It’s bundled with the panoramic roof on GTPE models

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
If you got your vehicle around May the 600 was already included on the vehicle price. So the people that got their Mach E before May had to pay the 600.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you got your vehicle around May the 600 was already included on the vehicle price. So the people that got their Mach E before May had to pay the 600.
Got is not the right term, it's manufactured. Mine was manufactured on 5/20. I got it on 7/2. No BlueCruise.

Ford had a cutoff date on orders when the price went up sometime in April I believe. All GTs included it from day one.

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think it depends on when you ordered. I thought I remembered seeing the $600 price increase happened in April. I ordered mine late March....built late June....delivered early August.....no $600 increase for blue cruise. I had to sign an acknowledgement paper when I picked the car up that I could purchase the software in the future.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

DD4AA01B-F7C3-41D4-9A5C-9DCEC56669E7.jpeg
Time to take your new baby out on the highway and try out that handsfree driving - and reporting the results back here of course ?! It's the perfect weekend for it since EA is also offering free charging, but make sure you follow these steps to enable P&C: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/how-to-enable-plug-charge-in-7-steps.3094/

Oh, and time to update your profile as well!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't enable Plug and Charge until Tuesday morning since EA is free till late Monday.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
By the way, not that anyone cares about Tesla on this forum...

Tesla this week started a slow rollout of DMS (Driver Monitoring System) which uses the built-in cabin camera to monitor the driver's attentiveness.

I "won the version lottery" getting to be one of the first to try it out. At this time, rollout has been paused for bug fixes (as is normal for new Tesla software releases).

While Tesla has NHTSA to contend with, gotta think adding this will help them negotiate Basic Autopilot's future use. And maybe switch Basic Autopilot to a completely hands free system instead of touching the wheel.

Maybe this time Tesla is the one following Ford and GM?

If you care to listen, here's my two podcast episodes describing the behavior (so far).

Hope all goes well for BlueCruise and enjoy the capability. As Tesla owners are already having to deal with people hearing about Chevy Bolt's battery fire issues and thinking it applies to all EVs, sure hope BlueCruise doesn't disappoint.

Episode 56

Episode 57

OP
OP
Angelina

Angelina

First Name
Angelina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Don't enable Plug and Charge until Tuesday morning since EA is free till late Monday.
So without plug and charge activated you can just pull in and plug and charge it free without any account set up ?!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So without plug and charge activated you can just pull in and plug and charge it free without any account set up ?!
At EA chargers, this weekend, ending Monday. Then turn on P&C via the app.

At least 2 people have posted that they've been charged by P&C this weekend. By turning it off in the app, you won't have that issue.

Screenshot_20210904-122643_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: