Blue Cruise Installed but not activated. Anyone Else?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I installed blue cruise via FDRS (customer satisfaction 21G01)

Software installed fine with no hitches. Car shows hands free driving mode, good till October, everything fine there.

But the server side activation never came. No notice in Ford Pass, no email, no blue cruise in connected services.

Called Ford and they were absolutely flummoxed.. never had heard of such an issue, did all they good without physical access to the car. Going to the dealer on Monday so they can work with corporate on it.

I get the feeling I'm kind of the leading edge on this issue. I've only heard of one other person that ran into this. Just wanted to post this thread just to see how widespread (or not) this issue is and log the process for anyone that runs into it in the future
Sponsored

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag

minjaep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California Route 1 eAWD
Country flag
I think I saw a post that it took some random time to activate after installed

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hmm. Interesting. I can't imagine that would prevent my connected services from activating, but hey. At this point I'm willing to give anything a shot
How many "key" cycles have there been since the install?

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
I installed blue cruise via FDRS (customer satisfaction 21G01)

Software installed fine with no hitches. Car shows hands free driving mode, good till October, everything fine there.

But the server side activation never came. No notice in Ford Pass, no email, no blue cruise in connected services.

Called Ford and they were absolutely flummoxed.. never had heard of such an issue, did all they good without physical access to the car. Going to the dealer on Monday so they can work with corporate on it.

I get the feeling I'm kind of the leading edge on this issue. I've only heard of one other person that ran into this. Just wanted to post this thread just to see how widespread (or not) this issue is and log the process for anyone that runs into it in the future
Don't know if I'm that other person, but I'm in the same boat as you. Does your Sync install date in the phone app that shows additional information read 'null?'

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Don't know if I'm that other person, but I'm in the same boat as you. Does your Sync install date in the phone app that shows additional information read 'null?'
Mine started saying null in the widget but that is cause that field goes away after a certain amount of time without an update on the Ford server I thought

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I think I saw a post that it took some random time to activate after installed
Well it's been a week and a half, so I would hope that's enough time ha ha. Other people are reporting that it should happen within an hour 🤷‍♂️

How many "key" cycles have there been since the install?
I've lost count ha ha. Minimum 2 per day for the last 10 days. Usually more

Are you referring to the OTA section?

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Whats your sync version?

There have been a few people in the other thread that have reported a similar thing where all the updates have been done, but there’s some switch on a server end that hasn’t been flipped so it can’t activate.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Whats your sync version?

There have been a few people in the other thread that have reported a similar thing where all the updates have been done, but there’s some switch on a server end that hasn’t been flipped so it can’t activate.
22034_Product
Rev 364

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
22034_Product
Rev 364
That’s good! That seems to be the magic number and the last piece of the puzzle for most. Must just not be active on the server side. It’s not showing up in your Connected Services right?

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
That’s good! That seems to be the magic number and the last piece of the puzzle for most. Must just not be active on the server side. It’s not showing up in your Connected Services right?
Right. BC is not showing in connected services

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I suppose it depends on what app is being used, but you can see it on the Scriptable iOS app in the Advanced Info section:

InkedIMG_1460_LI.png
It does say null on mine

@tonesto7 what data exactly is that pulling from?

Last edited: