Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
You want this safety feature... If you want to take a curve at high speeds and not worry about the stability of the car, then go buy the Tesla you're talking about. Do you have any idea how hard it is to design something with safety in mind and still be able to please everyone? Or would you rather wait until someone dies and then throw in some safety protocols?
or, hear me out- Maybe Ford should deliver what people pay for instead of promising an unfinished product within a month (Q3 release supposedly).
Tesla at least tells you it’s a work in progress and not all features work etc etc before you drop $10k. Ford is just straight up advertising full hands free driving on mapped roads.
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
or, hear me out- Maybe Ford should deliver what people pay for instead of promising an unfinished product within a month (Q3 release supposedly).
Tesla at least tells you it’s a work in progress and not all features work etc etc before you drop $10k. Ford is just straight up advertising full hands free driving on mapped roads.
Awesome news! You were able to pay for it!!! I didn't know it was available yet! How's it working for you? I assume not well based on you comments, but it's great to hear you were able to buy it already!

Also, not sure where they claim "full hands free driving on mapped roads" without any indication of the limits. Funny thing when I read about it there is this disclaimer:

"*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving."

Last edited:

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I agree it's very disappointing. After seeing that video I've started to dig into what it would take to get Comma,AI 3.0 and OpenPilot working on the MME and F150.
Join the Discord Server and assist with the development. You will need the latest Comma hardware plus the newly released Red Panda that supports CAN-FD. You will also need to order the development harness as well as some mini Molex connectors.

I have a wiring diagram, if you need.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I beg to differ. I'm 10,600 miles in on my Mach e thank you very much ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise is useless if it can't take a curve 20210815_162754
Nice! How well does the current lane centering work for you? I have a few spots where it nearly always kicks off.... I assume it will be the same for BC, but I'm looking forward to testing that assumption.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Nice! How well does the current lane centering work for you? I have a few spots where it nearly always kicks off.... I assume it will be the same for BC, but I'm looking forward to testing that assumption.
It's ... Ok. It will take curves, but it's consistently slow to react to them. And because it's slow to react, it'll end up on the edge of the lane if I don't help it.

I'm personally gonna guess that BlueCruise has the same slow reaction issue, and the "hands on during curves" thing is just a band aid until they fix it

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's ... Ok. It will take curves, but it's consistently slow to react to them. And because it's slow to react, it'll end up on the edge of the lane if I don't help it.

I'm personally gonna guess that BlueCruise has the same slow reaction issue, and the "hands on during curves" thing is just a band aid until they fix it
I think so too, I mean I'll be happy if it ends up being better, but I'm under the assumption that BC just adds driver monitoring. But I do hope to be wrong!

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
If only there was a way to not buy it if you don't want it, especially early on before they get more real-world data, implement predictive speed control, and can improve it.

Me, I'll take it just to handle the long stretches of straight ass midwestern and texas highways I often find myself on. I don't mind having my hands on the wheel in curves or in dense traffic (I probably will anyway because I don't trust automated systems any farther than I can throw them).

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I beg to differ. I'm 10,600 miles in on my Mach e thank you very much ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise is useless if it can't take a curve 20210815_162754
My apologies. I sometimes confuse all the users with no profile pic or information about their MME in their profile or signature.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
My apologies. I sometimes confuse all the users with no profile pic or information about their MME in their profile or signature.
... Yeah that's valid. I keep forgetting to address that. Thanks for the reminder!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Maybe you want to go read Tesla’s website. The part that says “Full Self Driving Capability” and “Automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp includes automatic lane changes, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control with complete stopping and re-engagement, Autosteer, and overtaking slow cars in your lane.” Yeah, sure, you can root around for lots of 4 pt, light grey font disclaimers, but people tend to read the bold black print just below the fancy animations ? oh, and they look at the pretty pictures of densely populated circuit boards captioned “Full Self Driving Computer” ?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wouldn't trust any of these auto pilots to really self drive. Wouldn't want them to be fully self driving yet. Been using them for several years now. They are stop/go steering assist features. Nothing more. Don't buy into the hype. They are akin to what power steering was to manual steering many years ago. An assist. Nothing more. But hey, if your so convinced, feel free to take your hands off the wheel and go to sleep. Just not around any other drivers.,

Brutakus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Select AWD Comfort/Tech Package
Country flag
Maybe you want to go read Tesla’s website. The part that says “Full Self Driving Capability” and “Automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp includes automatic lane changes, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control with complete stopping and re-engagement, Autosteer, and overtaking slow cars in your lane.” Yeah, sure, you can root around for lots of 4 pt, light grey font disclaimers, but people tend to read the bold black print just below the fancy animations ? oh, and they look at the pretty pictures of densely populated circuit boards captioned “Full Self Driving Computer” ?
From what I've seen though, Tesla's are actually doing all of the things they listed. There's plenty of recent videos that have shown all of those things. Yes they call it "Full Self Driving Computer" but they clearly list and deliver the features advertised while even promising MORE to come based on development and regulatory approval.
Sponsored

Last edited: