Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have the 2021 Mach-E RWD standard range edition. I got my car around May of 2021. I have been trying to get blue cruise to work on my vehicle for a while now and even did the in-person service update for Blue Cruise. I have had a case open with Ford for a while now and the engineers finally updated my case with the reason as to why it is not working is because there is a mismatched part in the vehicle which two different departments handle. I’m supposed to get a call from the engineers within 48 hours, but has anyone heard of this mismatch part issue before? They said the reason for the delay in resolution is that the parts are handled by two different departments, so they need to coordinate, which isn’t easy apparently.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
First one I've read about. I would guess that they mean mismatched software updates on modules, i.e. one module got updated, another didn't, and that's causing an issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I have the 2021 Mach-E RWD standard range edition. I got my car around May of 2021. I have been trying to get blue cruise to work on my vehicle for a while now and even did the in-person service update for Blue Cruise. I have had a case open with Ford for a while now and the engineers finally updated my case with the reason as to why it is not working is because there is a mismatched part in the vehicle which two different departments handle. I’m supposed to get a call from the engineers within 48 hours, but has anyone heard of this mismatch part issue before? They said the reason for the delay in resolution is that the parts are handled by two different departments, so they need to coordinate, which isn’t easy apparently.
Did you have a module replaced as part of a previous service visit? Think back to any other work done.

But from the factory, no you shouldn't have a mismatched part. Perhaps the engineers are talking about a mismatched software part number (which Ford uses like versions). Mismatched software versions have happened, and the engineers should work with support to get the correct software updates to show up for your vehicle so they can be applied.

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I have that. I got my car (job 1 AWD premium) in may too. February build. The mismatched part is the IPC for me. It doesn’t display bluecruise so they have to replace it. Still waiting on mine to come in! That may be your problem too

OP
OP

Mach-E-Avelli-21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did you have a module replaced as part of a previous service visit? Think back to any other work done.

But from the factory, no you shouldn't have a mismatched part. Perhaps the engineers are talking about a mismatched software part number (which Ford uses like versions). Mismatched software versions have happened, and the engineers should work with support to get the correct software updates to show up for your vehicle so they can be applied.
Nope no module replaced. Just my regular 10K and 20K checkup, a earlier dealer software update, and the blue cruise dealer update.

OP
OP

Mach-E-Avelli-21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have that. I got my car (job 1 AWD premium) in may too. February build. The mismatched part is the IPC for me. It doesn’t display bluecruise so they have to replace it. Still waiting on mine to come in! That may be your problem too
Wow! How long ago did they order the part? I was really hoping for a software fix not an actual part, and especially not one as big as that.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Interesting.
My car was part of the OKTB group that was held at the factory for 2 months before it was put on a train to KC. In that time, the Sync hardware was changed and new software loaded (according to the SYNC tab in the Ford PTS system.....) Build date of Nov 19 2020. Hardware replaced on Jan 16th 2021 and the car was loaded on a train shortly afterwards. I received it in late Feb 2021.

In April of 2022, dealer attempted to install the BC software which was unsuccessful.
In May of 2022, the BC OTAs installed successfully and the car says it's software is up to date. I have the appropriate screen settings yet Blue Cruise does not even try and activate when using ACC and LKA/LC. I drive on BC roads quite frequently.

For whatever reason, BC just won't work on my car. It is a First Edition so presumably has the necessary hardware? Maybe it has the mis-matched part that you are referring to? If so, I have yet to receive any notice from Ford to explain any sort of remedy or corrective action. Total silence. ???

Prodigymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
So you do have a mismatched physical part?
apparently I do. I received all the updates 21g01, 21p22 etc and I actually lost intelligent cruise control or whatever it’s called. I only have lane centering and the button on the steering wheel to adjust distance to the car I.my front does nothing. I lost the blue bubble too. They ordered the IPC April 13th and still have nothing! It’s at the shop again ( 2weeks now) for the HVBJB issue.

Wow! How long ago did they order the part? I was really hoping for a software fix not an actual part, and especially not one as big as that.
april 13th. Still waitingto hear back

Interesting.
My car was part of the OKTB group that was held at the factory for 2 months before it was put on a train to KC. In that time, the Sync hardware was changed and new software loaded (according to the SYNC tab in the Ford PTS system.....) Build date of Nov 19 2020. Hardware replaced on Jan 16th 2021 and the car was loaded on a train shortly afterwards. I received it in late Feb 2021.

In April of 2022, dealer attempted to install the BC software which was unsuccessful.
In May of 2022, the BC OTAs installed successfully and the car says it's software is up to date. I have the appropriate screen settings yet Blue Cruise does not even try and activate when using ACC and LKA/LC. I drive on BC roads quite frequently.

For whatever reason, BC just won't work on my car. It is a First Edition so presumably has the necessary hardware? Maybe it has the mis-matched part that you are referring to? If so, I have yet to receive any notice from Ford to explain any sort of remedy or corrective action. Total silence. ???
i don’t think it’s a known issue. Maybe our super early cars have it? My VIN is in the 9000s so definitely the first batch of premiums produced. Check with your dealer!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The part is the small display (monitor)? So can people feel it is working for you but you just can not see it is on the monitor? Or it is not working at all because of it?

Interesting.

Pre AWD EX Nov. 26 2020 build with a 01500 vin received early Feb. 2020. I am only on 2.6 so far and all has went reasonably well with OTA.

Thanks for the info if it does not work I will not spend time trying to trouble shoot that next. Nice to have early adopters provide info.

Is it getting hot their now again this summer? Is the MME staying cooler in your lot this year?

Thanks for the info @Mach-E-Avelli-21. Two modules replaced up here different times both about 3 to 4 months time frame. Was never sitting in a dealers lot waiting so not as critical as some which may have came into play? Plus dog sled delivery here ;).

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
i don’t think it’s a known issue. Maybe our super early cars have it? My VIN is in the 9000s so definitely the first batch of premiums produced. Check with your dealer!
Interesting. My car is a FE built on 1/7/2021, and has a VIN in the 7000's. I am in the EA program but no Bluecruise. It was stuck at a previous OTA, and currently it says it has tried to load 2.7.3 with several failures over the last month, but the car says the latest update was 2.7.3. 🤷‍♂️ I do not want to be without my car for weeks, so I have not done the glass recall or had it taken in for the BlueCruise update. I have 37,500 miles on the car, and drive almost 500 miles a week back and forth to work so I am not too keen about a loaner ICE vehicle.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
apparently I do. I received all the updates 21g01, 21p22 etc and I actually lost intelligent cruise control or whatever it’s called. I only have lane centering and the button on the steering wheel to adjust distance to the car I.my front does nothing. I lost the blue bubble too. They ordered the IPC April 13th and still have nothing! It’s at the shop again ( 2weeks now) for the HVBJB issue.

april 13th. Still waitingto hear back

I've been back to my dealership for various reasons (not related to the MME...) and each time I've asked the service manager if Ford has any solutions. He checks the system and just shrugs his shoulders..."Not yet." They have several customers with my same issue that are still unresolved.

Pre AWD EX Nov. 26 2020 build with a 01500 vin received early Feb. 2020. I am only on 2.6 so far and all has went reasonably well with OTA.

Thanks for the info if it does not work I will not spend time trying to trouble shoot that next. Nice to have early adopters provide info.

Is it getting hot their now again this summer? Is the MME staying cooler in your lot this year?
My VIN is 2400 ish.....so a few days later than your car sounds like (although they didn't all roll down the assembly line in exact sequence if I remember correctly...).
This week the temps are quite mild but the previous two weeks were scorchers. The MME does cool itself provided I use the work around. I am starting to have an issue with the camera fault when I first start up the car in the middle of the day. I think it is related to heat. There are two messages. One reads "Front Camera Fault. Service Required" and I think the other one says that collision warning is disabled (or something like that).
This is only the beginning of my second summer with this car. I get the feeling that I will be experiencing more issues with the ADAS systems as summer progresses. The hardware may not be able to handle this climate very well. 🤔

Interesting. My car is a FE built on 1/7/2021, and has a VIN in the 7000's. I am in the EA program but no Bluecruise. It was stuck at a previous OTA, and currently it says it has tried to load 2.7.3 with several failures over the last month, but the car says the latest update was 2.7.3. 🤷‍♂️ I do not want to be without my car for weeks, so I have not done the glass recall or had it taken in for the BlueCruise update. I have 37,500 miles on the car, and drive almost 500 miles a week back and forth to work so I am not too keen about a loaner ICE vehicle.
A little over 42k miles on mine. Mechanically now the most reliable BEV that I have ever owned. Software systems is easily the worst car that I have ever owned. I have never owned a car where the electronics have been so glitchy and inconsistent. Even if BC starts working.....I probably won't use it because I would expect it to be quite unreliable. Luckily the car has always functioned as a car though. Never failed to start and run and never left me stranded so in that regard I have been quite pleased. I have learned to live with the crappy software as long as it only affects non-essential systems. So far, so good. đź‘Ť

Some of the driver aid systems are rock solid though. The Blind Spot Alert system, cross traffic alert and emergency braking work really well. ACC is a close second but large bumps will disable it (I presume that is because it looses track of the lane markings when the rear suspension bottoms out). I noticed it usually happens when I have a heavy load in back. LKA is good. LC was good until the BC updates and now it bounces back and forth between center and the right lane margin. My Focus Electric didn't have any of those features so I am still better off with partially working ADAS than nothing at all. :)

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This week the temps are quite mild but the previous two weeks were scorchers. The MME does cool itself provided I use the work around.
So what is the final streamlined work around for the second summer when not plugged in?

Amazing thing after a wrote that mine came on for the first time in the heat and vents opened. It is really really hot here for us guys today 85F ;). It was under the cover not plugged in and it has always just gone to sleep and done pretty much nothing but today I hear the really loud fans as the cover was over the vent. Pulled the cover up, hooked it on the license plate and it quieted down but kept running. Hey it was cooling itself not plugged in. Since the new HVBJ BECM it has come on not plugged in when cold also. Seeming a be getting better? I have to agree thro it is like we have to put up with windows 98 all over again. Memory leaking boat keeps getting confused. But it does drives the highways like a champ no complaints running down the road either.
Sponsored